0.8.1 - MI save games broken?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

LeGrudge

0.8.1 - MI save games broken?

Post by LeGrudge »

I had some problems opening Monkey Island 1 & 2 after updating to ScummVM 0.8.1, but worked that out by removing and re-adding them.

However, now my save games aren't working. It just crashes back to the PSP Home menu. Is this a known issue? and is there any way to fix it?

I was a good bit through MI and I'm hoping I won't have to do it all again.

Thanks in advance for any help.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Hmm, strange. They should work just fine.
Unless this is a bug, the only reason I can think of is that they were created with 0.9.0CVS (i.e. a CVS build) instead of 0.8.0 (or prior).

What you could try is loading the savegame on your PC with ScummVM 0.8.1 and see if there is any error message in the console (if you're on windows, start ScummVM from a command prompt) when you attempt to load the savegame.
LeGrudge

Post by LeGrudge »

joostp wrote:Hmm, strange. They should work just fine.
Unless this is a bug, the only reason I can think of is that they were created with 0.9.0CVS (i.e. a CVS build) instead of 0.8.0 (or prior).
Thanks joostp, I'm using Mac OS X, and I tried loading the saves via the console in Monkey Island. ScummVM quits on attempting to load them. So I couldn't see if there was any errors.

However I think you are right, I believe I downloaded the CVS build as I was planning to play COMI. So looks like I've overwritten my original saves in that one.

I'll need to remember that in future, thanks for the help!