New SVN-Build (w/all engines) [Update: Nightlies available]

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cerial
ScummVM Porter

New SVN-Build (w/all engines) [Update: Nightlies available]

Post by cerial »

Hi there!

Some of you here may already know me, I've ported the original FreeSCI (0.34) to the PocketPC-Platform some time ago (among other things) :)

Now that CABAL has come true, I wanted to try out ScummVM with SCI on my device and saw that there's no version for windows mobile availabe which supports SCI (yet).

So I went down into my secret mad scientist's lab and compiled the current SVN myself. It seems to work, but still has some issues (AGI does not seem to work in this build; screen rotation does not work for now).

However I think that some issues are caused by another thing:
My build of scummvm uses a different compiler (latest SVN of minw32ce of the cegcc-project) as well as different (newer/newest) libs (SDL 1.2.13 instead of 1.2.6, FLAC 1.2.1, etc.) The screen rotation problem for example is caused by a change in SDL since 1.2.6, screen rotation is handled a bit different here, so I just disabled it in scummvm for now.

I also think that it should be perfectly possible to create a buildbot based on this new build system (if a maintainer is reading this: I can supply you with all patches to the libs and scummvm I made so that everything compiles cleanly with the current mingw32ce w/SDL).

Here's the link for you, I've tested it on Windows Mobile 6.5 (don't ask) and I'm planning to test this build on WM2003 tomorrow:
[removed URL because official nightlies are now available]

Please notice I take no responsibility if this build damages your device, etc. (the usual clause).

I'd be happy to hear some feedback :)

Bye for now,
Cerial

(Edit: removed URL because official nightlies are now available)
Last edited by cerial on Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Nice work! :)
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Hi Cerial,

nice work. As for adding WinCE support to the buildbot: Yeah, this is possible, and Kostas is aware of it, but simply is lacking time right now.

Maybe you could help Kostas out a bit with the WinCE support on buildbot in particular and WinCE porting in general. Howabout if contact him and me directly via email (knakos@ and fingolfin@ well add our primary domain name to the end ;).

Bye,
Max
theratt

Post by theratt »

Just installed and works great... Quest For Glory, here I come.
pilaxoft

Post by pilaxoft »

Thanks. I think you´re a very great man.
pilaxoft

Post by pilaxoft »

Where we could try wince2003 version?
pncFreak

Re: New SVN-Build (with SCI support)

Post by pncFreak »

cerial wrote:I also think that it should be perfectly possible to create a buildbot based on this new build system (if a maintainer is reading this: I can supply you with all patches to the libs and scummvm I made so that everything compiles cleanly with the current mingw32ce w/SDL).
My hope is that you and Kostas set up a buildbot for the PocketPC/WinCE port.

It would make the port much better because testing of new scummVM builds on this platform would then be possible.

Right now it's very much a case of: the cloakroom ticket in the overcoat and the overcoat in the cloakroom, i.e. the developers are not particulary keen on doing bug fixes based on non-dev SVN builds and it's not possible to bug test new SW changes because there are no buildbot/official WinCE/PocketPC SVN builds.

So, pleease help Kostas set up a WinCE/PocketPC buildbot version.
cerial
ScummVM Porter

Post by cerial »

So, I finally found some time to write a complete step by step howto, including all necessary patches, etc.

I'm very sorry that I did not reply earlier, but I really had no spare time (...the usual thing...)

However, AGI still does not seem to work, just like WM2003 based devices seem to crash at the menu. But its a first step. Compilation was tested on Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.7 (PowerPC) and Windows Vista SP2 w/Cygwin. ScummVM itself was tested on a HTC Touch Pro w/WM 6.5

Here you go.

Bye,
Cerial

:D
Micru

Post by Micru »

Hi Cerial,

I tried your build in my touch hd with winmo 6.5 and the cursor doesn´t work. I cannot activate any menu option and there is no cursor. Morover, when i go out to the menu, the screen is in the foreground (inactive) and it is not possible to operate the phone properly.

Any solution for this?

Cheers,
David
lucx

Post by lucx »

cerial wrote:So, I finally found some time to write a complete step by step howto, including all necessary patches, etc.

I'm very sorry that I did not reply earlier, but I really had no spare time (...the usual thing...)

However, AGI still does not seem to work, just like WM2003 based devices seem to crash at the menu. But its a first step. Compilation was tested on Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.7 (PowerPC) and Windows Vista SP2 w/Cygwin. ScummVM itself was tested on a HTC Touch Pro w/WM 6.5

Here you go.

Bye,
Cerial

no mater did not see read more link :)
Last edited by lucx on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cerial
ScummVM Porter

Post by cerial »

lucx wrote:
cerial wrote:So, I finally found some time to write a complete step by step howto, including all necessary patches, etc.

Here you go.

Bye,
Cerial

Is not complet!! can you post links for SDL patches!!
What do you mean?
All patches are available at the URL posted above.
(Check the "read more" link, there's a wget with the URL in the script-block under "Compile SDL 1.2.13 trunk (r4600+)" ).

BTW:
I have a Windows Mobile SVN trunk buildbot running since 2 days, with Windows/Cygwin and Mac OSX 10.5.7 PowerPC slaves.

Here's the URL for you to look (nothing to download - yet):
[removed URL because official buildbot now available]

Please note that the buildbot won't be up all day, it's just a POC.

Bye,
Cerial
Last edited by cerial on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

cerial wrote: BTW:
I have a Windows Mobile SVN trunk buildbot running since 2 days, with Windows/Cygwin and Mac OSX 10.5.7 PowerPC slaves.

Here's the URL for you to look (nothing to download - yet):
http://whq.cryptopath.org:8010/waterfall

Please note that the buildbot won't be up all day, it's just a POC.

Bye,
Cerial
Splendid! Since I'm not very technical it would be nice to test this out as soon as it's not a POC :) I live in the GMT +1 zone, when will SVN builds be available?

Any thoughts from the devs in this forum? Kostas?
lucx

Post by lucx »

I cant compile libmpeg2, i rann into this error:

arm-wince-mingw32ce-gcc -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wcast-qual -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Waggregate-return -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wsign-compare -march=armv5te -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-common -I/opt/mingw32ce/arm-wince-mingw32ce/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -Dmain=SDL_main -D_WIN32_WCE=0x420 -march=armv5te -o .libs/mpeg2dec.exe mpeg2dec.o dump_state.o getopt.o gettimeofday.o ../libvo/libvo.a -L/opt/mingw32ce/arm-wince-mingw32ce/lib -lSDLmain /opt/mingw32ce/arm-wince-mingw32ce/lib/libSDL.a -lmmtimer -lcoredll -lcommctrl -lmingwex ../libmpeg2/.libs/libmpeg2.dll.a ../libmpeg2/convert/.libs/libmpeg2convert.dll.a -L/opt/mingw32ce/arm-wince-mingw32ce/lib
../libvo/libvo.a(video_out_sdl.o):video_out_sdl.c:(.text+0x58): undefined reference to `putenv'
../libvo/libvo.a(video_out_sdl.o):video_out_sdl.c:(.text+0x60): undefined reference to `putenv'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [mpeg2dec.exe] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/scummvm_libs/libmpeg2/libmpeg2-0.5.1/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

can you help me?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

lucx wrote: can you help me?
I can't, but the current version of ScummVM should have MPEG support disabled by default, since none of the supported games use it any more.

(EDIT: Added the missing, critical word "disabled".)
Last edited by eriktorbjorn on Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
lucx wrote: can you help me?
I can't, but the current version of ScummVM should have MPEG support by default, since none of the supported games use it any more.
Actually it should have MPEG support disabled by default.