The End of the Beginning - Release Testing

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clone2727
Retired

The End of the Beginning - Release Testing

Post by clone2727 »

It's time for everyone's favorite semiannual event! ScummVM Release Testing Season (TM)! However, this season we will be testing for 1.0.0! That's right, 1.0.0!

For this release, we have added support for a bunch of new games: Cruise for a Corpse, Discworld, Discworld 2 - Missing Presumed ...!?, Leather Goddesses of Phobos 2, The Manhole, Return to Zork, and Rodney's Funscreen.

As usual, go grab a daily build of ScummVM, play through the games and submit any bugs you see along the way to the bug tracker. When you complete a game, report it on the forums so we can add it to our release testing wiki page. Be sure to provide the version, language, and platform of the game you're testing (in addition to the name of course). You can find more details on testing over here.

Addition from sev
We need to test the games thoroughly now, at least 2 playtests per game. We rely on you, our dear users in this, as it will be too much work for the developers to play all of the games.

This is a great opportunity for each of you to contribute to the project, say "thanks" for our work.
hippy dave

Re: The End of the Beginning - Release Testing

Post by hippy dave »

clone2727 wrote:1.0.0!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

nice, downloading 8)
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Does that mean there's a manual completed? Or at least in the works? I thought I remembered reading that the lack of a manual was one of the things holding back a version 1.0 release.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

MusicallyInspired wrote:Does that mean there's a manual completed? Or at least in the works? I thought I remembered reading that the lack of a manual was one of the things holding back a version 1.0 release.

See this quote from -devel:
_sev wrote: It was not easy decision, as we still lack documentation. Nevertheless current "beta" status is a bit misleading. Majority of our engines are really stable.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

What sort of manual is required? Step by step (idiots guide) or something more detailed?
gabriel knight

Post by gabriel knight »

Hi,

I am playing to The Secret of Monkey Island with the last daily snapshot (1.0.0 svn42377) on Windows Vista (in French).

I have finished the game with no bugs.

Well, The Secret of Monkey Island 2 here I come! (I love those games, I will probably play this one on my Mac)

EDIT : It's rainig outside, I think I will play lot of LucasArts' games today... (maybe in English AND in French)
Charles

Post by Charles »

I just tried both two SCI games, and noticed some problems with the numpad keys.

The Numpad Enter does not work (should be the same as standard enter), and the numpad Home,End,PgUp,PgDn keys do not walk ego diagonally. (The standard Home, End, PgUp, and PgDown keys work as they should.)

Also, the numpad + didn't increase game speed, while the equals key + did.

The only numpad keys that did work properly were Up/Down/Left/Right. The worked for walking ego, only when numlock is off (as the original interpreter), however, the original interpreter typed numbers when NumLock was on, which ScummVM does not.

So, I guess basically, you guys just need to reference the numpad keys, too.

I tested QFG1 and QFG2, using 1.0.0svn42377.

EDIT: forgot to mention I'm using VistaSP2 x64, if that matters.

EDIT2: ooops, my bad. just re-read that I should post the bugs to the bug tracker, not here. :oops:
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Reckless wrote:What sort of manual is required? Step by step (idiots guide) or something more detailed?
That is something more detailed. The good start could be found at our Wiki, but nobody is working on it at least since March (and previous attempts were in January 2008).

Eugene
quackshot

Post by quackshot »

why there is not lands of lore support for the next version ? the game seems working perfectly, I finish it few weeks ago with scummvm!
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

I assume that the SCI engine wont be "suppoted" in version 1 then?

I am willing to test these games for completability:

Freddi Fish 1
Freddi Fish 3
Freddi Fish and Luther's Maze Madness
Pajama Sam 1
Pajama Sam 3
Putt-Putt Enters the Race
Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo
Putt-Putt Travels Through Time

After all, some of them are fully beatable in 15 minutes.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Graxer wrote:I assume that the SCI engine wont be "suppoted" in version 1 then?
Yes it will not be supported.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

I've just sucessfully completed "Freddi Fish 1: The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds", English, Windows version without any problems whatsoever.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

quackshot wrote:why there is not lands of lore support for the next version ? the game seems working perfectly, I finish it few weeks ago with scummvm!
Because there is still some feature of the CD version missing (the Lore of the Lands special to be precise). Apart there is no support for the floppy version.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

I have also just sucessfully completed "Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo", English, Windows version without any problems whatsoever.
Freddo

Re: The End of the Beginning - Release Testing

Post by Freddo »

clone2727 wrote:1.0.0!
Very cool! And being able to play the Discworld games on my phone during longer trips will be awesome 8)