ScummVM manual install on firmware 3.0 without Cydia or wifi

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DSpider

ScummVM manual install on firmware 3.0 without Cydia or wifi

Post by DSpider »

Is there a way to do a manual install - as in without using Cydia or a wifi connection ? Maybe using a tool like DiskAid to access the root of the device and manually copy the folders to /Applications

From the "scummvm-0.13.1-iphone.deb" package, ScummVM.app is pretty much obvious where it goes but what about those ._control and control files ?

PS: I also hear v0.13.1 isn't compatible with firmware 3.0 (at this time)... Is it true ?
Last edited by DSpider on Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quorn23

Post by quorn23 »

i just installed the deb file via terminal.app
then i did a respring to restart the springboard.
after that scummvm is there, it loads and then i pop up back to the springboard. so yeah i assume the scummvm-0.13.1-iphone.deb isn't working on OS 3.0

(running os 3.0 on a 3gs over here)
DSpider

Post by DSpider »

Ummm, 3GS ? :roll: You can't jailbreak it until the redsn0w developers decide to release the software. Or maybe you're on the dev team and already have it jailbroken ?
quorn23

Post by quorn23 »

purplera1n.com

you're not up to date mate ;)

http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/ is the blog of geohot.
the jailbreak works like a charm, just check any of your iphone news pages that post news about that kind of stuff :P

edit: forgot to mention, the manual install didn't worked out, so i added the source in cydia and reinstalled scummvm from there, its a newer version. testet with monkey 2, running good so far, uploading indy 4 talkie in a few to test
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Yes, as I wrote here, 0.13.1 isn't compatible with firmware 3.0

Use this one: http://urbanfanatics.com/cydia/scummvm- ... iphone.deb

That's the current Cydia version. Install it using "dpkg -i filename" on the phone.