Monkey3 and inventory problem in Windows Mobile (TyTN II)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pncFreak

Monkey3 and inventory problem in Windows Mobile (TyTN II)

Post by pncFreak »

I use a TyTN II pen-based Windows Mobile phone.

I'm unable to make Threepwood stand still when trying to apply hammer and nails to the murphy bed in the Goodsoup hotel.

The inventory obscures the whole of the bed. In order to get the things out of the inventory i click outside the inventory chest, only problem is: this makes Threepwood move towards the area clicked otside the inventory (to get the inventory to disappear).

So how can I combine mallet and nails and bed without Threepwood moving away?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Monkey3 and inventory problem in Windows Mobile (TyTN II

Post by eriktorbjorn »

pncFreak wrote: So how can I combine mallet and nails and bed without Threepwood moving away?
It's enough to move the selected object off the inventory chest, no clicking necessary, but I don't know whether or not it's possible to do that in the Windows Mobile version of ScummVM...
pncFreak

Re: Monkey3 and inventory problem in Windows Mobile (TyTN II

Post by pncFreak »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
pncFreak wrote: So how can I combine mallet and nails and bed without Threepwood moving away?
It's enough to move the selected object off the inventory chest, no clicking necessary, but I don't know whether or not it's possible to do that in the Windows Mobile version of ScummVM...

Well, if I try to move the highlighted inventory item (for example the nails) outside the inventory chest (by sliding my pen from within the chest to outside the chest) the item does not follow (the cursor turns to a white cross).
The problem is the "murphy bed".
It slams shut as soon as Threepwood moves. Clicking outside the inventory chest always leads to Threepwood moving.
When i combine the nails and the mallet within the inventory chest, Threepwoods response is to turn towards me and say "if only I could find something to use them on" or similar. The result is that the "murphy bed" slams shut as soon as he starts to speek to me (I was hoping the combination of the two items would lead to the nailing of the bet, but - alas!).

Some hours later:

- Well I found out that the move (point and drag) outside the inventory chest only worked if i dragged the nails out in the lower left corner of the chest. Once the nails was dragged out I had to use them on the bed between Threepwoods legs. I think that Spookypeanuts free look suggestion would work but I was to eager to continue to stop to check if this suggestion works as well.

Thank you both for your replies!
Last edited by pncFreak on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer

Post by spookypeanut »

Hmm, I remember also having trouble with that puzzle on WinCE (incidentally, does some kind moderator want to move this to the WinCE forum?).
I think I managed it in the end, by some swift use of the "free-look" function (i.e. map free-look to a key, and use it to move the item off the inventory). That way you're not clicking, and Guybrush shouldn't move. That said, I seem to remember it taking me several attempts. Give it a try and see if it helps.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

spookypeanut wrote:Hmm, I remember also having trouble with that puzzle on WinCE (incidentally, does some kind moderator want to move this to the WinCE forum?).
I think I managed it in the end, by some swift use of the "free-look" function (i.e. map free-look to a key, and use it to move the item off the inventory). That way you're not clicking, and Guybrush shouldn't move. That said, I seem to remember it taking me several attempts. Give it a try and see if it helps.
Thankyou very, very much, I spent a good few hours trying to get passed this puzzle, your advice sorted it on my Samsung Omnia :D