Incorrect screen rotation with TV output

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ikajaste

Incorrect screen rotation with TV output

Post by ikajaste »

Hi! First, huge thanks to all the developers for making it possible to play awesome games on my S60 phone!

I'm using ScummVM S60v3 0.13(1) on Nokia 6220c. Everything seems to be working just fine, and I can use the control mode to rotate and stetch the screen as explained in the documentation.

However, when I connect the phone to TV-output, the TV image seems to always assume the phone is in vertical mode regardless of what rotations I do in ScummVM. This results in image that is very small (SVM vertical mode) or rotated incorrectly (SVM horizontal mode). I know it is possible to make the TV output change orientation, since when I open the Nokia Camera application, the both the screen and TV-out rotate, and the horizontal image then fills the TV screen.

The question: Is there a way to force the TV-out to rotate when using ScummVM in horizontal mode?

Even a separate application that allows forcing the TV-out rotation would be quite fine, but if there's a way for ScummVM to tell the TV out to rotate, even better. Any pointers to further information are, of course, much appreciated as well.