ScummVM/Wii SVN builds

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Just tried the previous build I had before and the music runs fine again.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

scummvm-wii-0.14.0svn_r41364.7z
- Small virtual keyboard fixes. (! key)
- Updated GUI (search box).
- Linked to updated libfat+libogc. (more caching fixes)
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Full Throttle's intro is laggy as hell with this new build. Any ideas why?
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

Well, there have been some libfat changes. I'll check it out tonight for myself.

Does the previous build have the same problem? And which compression did you use?

Try scummvm-wii-0.14.0svn_r41364.7z, with the latest libfat. I will try it myself tonight.)
Last edited by Bossk on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

Yes, please use the most recent libogc and libfat versions, both contain critical fixes for corruption on SD/USB devices.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Bossk wrote:Well, there have been some libfat changes. I'll check it out tonight for myself.

Does the previous build have the same problem? And which compression did you use?

Try scummvm-wii-0.14.0svn_r41364.7z, with the latest libfat. I will try it myself tonight.)
I tested it on your latest build. The previous build ran it fine so I don't know what's gone on! :shock: I am loading from a USB drive (I forgot to mention before) and have been since ScummVM supported them.
dinx2582

Post by dinx2582 »

I can confirm that neither of your most recent SVN builds are detecting my USB HDD (WD My Passport 320GB WDME3200TN), whereas the most recent build from the sticky (r35894) detects it without any trouble.

Unfortunately I don't have any other Wii system-related information handy to be of any further diagnostic help.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

dinx2582 wrote:I can confirm that neither of your most recent SVN builds are detecting my USB HDD (WD My Passport 320GB WDME3200TN), whereas the most recent build from the sticky (r35894) detects it without any trouble.

Unfortunately I don't have any other Wii system-related information handy to be of any further diagnostic help.
r35894 is very old. The first number has reached 4 now.

The newest builds can be found by going to the bottom of the Downloads page.
A service called Buildbot is used for GP2X, iPhone, Mac OSX (Intel and PPC), PSP and Wii.
That's generally the newest unless Bossk has built and uploaded one.
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=6599
Bossk's most recent is r41364. The post was edited 10 June. So it's probably from that day.
I just downloaded from Buildbot (20 June) and it's r41683.
dinx2582

Post by dinx2582 »

Thanks, but I was just reporting back information on these recent Bossk builds stating that my drive isn't detected.

I know that r35894 is old, I was just using that as a basis for comparison in terms of what can and cannot detect my USB drive.

As it were, I tried the recent Buildbot build, which didn't detect my USB drive either. As it stands, r35894 is the only build I've tried that was able to detect my drive. Thanks for what would otherwise [i.e. had my drive been detected] be helpful information, as I hadn't noticed the Buildbot builds before.

Looks like I'll stick with r35894 for now, even if it's based off of 0.13.0, and as such does not have any AGI support.

Again, thanks for the Buildbot tip!
ceevee

Post by ceevee »

Bossk wrote:scummvm-wii-0.14.0svn_r41364.7z
- Small virtual keyboard fixes. (! key)
- Updated GUI (search box).
- Linked to updated libfat+libogc. (more caching fixes)
This version runs the Full Throttle intro very slowly when played from my USB flash drive. Previous version did not.

Went back to scummvm-wii-0.14.0svn_r41094.7z and everything is okay.
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

I looked at the USB performance issue again, but didn't find much room for improvements :\

The latency improved, but I only tested this with a USB card reader with a SDHC card. No clue if the performance is better or worse when using a HDD.

Here's a test build with uncommited changes, please give it a try and report back: http://static.hackmii.com/dhewg/scummvm ... attest.zip

Thanks
Destian

Post by Destian »

dhewg wrote:I looked at the USB performance issue again, but didn't find much room for improvements :\

The latency improved, but I only tested this with a USB card reader with a SDHC card. No clue if the performance is better or worse when using a HDD.

Here's a test build with uncommited changes, please give it a try and report back: http://static.hackmii.com/dhewg/scummvm ... attest.zip

Thanks
Just tested this out in The Curse of Monkey Island using a USB HDD. I'm seeing a large improvement over everything I've used prior to this version. Thank you very much.
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

Alright, thanks for the feedback. The changes will be part of the nightly builds starting with the next one ;)
sunspot72

Can't play monkey island 2

Post by sunspot72 »

First off let me say: Thank you!
I now find myself spending more time playing my old Lucas Arts favourites then my new Wii games!

However I am unable to play Monkey island 2. At the write protect screen where it asks me to enter page numbers (I have the manual) I cannot enter any digits. When I type in the virtual keyboard, it does not load my strokes into the game.

Am I forgetting something? I'm sure i've just neglected something silly, but can someone help me please?

Thank you,
Red_Breast

Re: Can't play monkey island 2

Post by Red_Breast »

sunspot72 wrote:First off let me say: Thank you!
I now find myself spending more time playing my old Lucas Arts favourites then my new Wii games!

However I am unable to play Monkey island 2. At the write protect screen where it asks me to enter page numbers (I have the manual) I cannot enter any digits. When I type in the virtual keyboard, it does not load my strokes into the game.

Am I forgetting something? I'm sure i've just neglected something silly, but can someone help me please?

Thank you,
I'll quote eriktorbjorn from the linked thread.

"Originally, LucasArts included some sort of code wheel where you had to look up the answer. In later re-releases they didn't (perhaps it was too expensive to manufacture), and instead changed the interpreter to bypass the copy protection screen. Unfortunately, that also bypassed the difficulty selection screen. ScummVM compromises: It shows the copy protection screen, but accepts any numbers as correct."
Thanks erik.

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... f11a185a0e

The Wii version has a virtual keyboard. I think it's down on the D-Pad. You can also plug in a USB keyboard.
First it says press Enter which reveals the 4 spaces for the numbers. So for Enter press the 'A' button on the Wiimote. For the numbers press down on the D-Pad to bring up the virtual keyboard. I've just checked this by using four '1's.
So select '1' on the virtual keyboard. A '1' will appear along the top. To enter this '1' press the green tick sign in the lower right corner of the virtual keyboard. Repeat this 3 more times and you should be through to the last screen where you can select either the easy route or a harder version of the game.

I assume you downloaded the Wii version of ScummVM from this web site's downloads page. But I don't know which version you used. At the top are 'stable' releases. Scroll to the bottom for 'unstable'.
I always use unstable so my instructions are based on that but if you use stable I don't think it should matter. I'm sure it will be the same.
Anyway there is a simple text file in the folder you can read called 'readmii.txt' It lists the controls for the Wiimote and Gamecube pads.
By the way, regarding your problem I would of made my own thread. No harm done. Good luck.