Broken Sword 2 Polish - not working :(

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Anthrox

Broken Sword 2 Polish - not working :(

Post by Anthrox »

Help, my polish rip (two CD to one = one music.clu and speech.clu) from TS Magazine not working in scumm PPC (Asus A696 WM 6).

start working ok:

Loading "port scene":

PC: load ok:

PPC:
Debugger error - can not be ready

Folder of game sword2 (and save "Port") i send to @eriktorbjorn (DXA files removed).
Please, add support this version :)
Last edited by Anthrox on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Hm, if I remember correctly, the port scene is normally located on the second CD. Have you renamed the game files correctly, as shown in the wiki?
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... ing_Mirror
Anthrox

Post by Anthrox »

my rip is on 1CD! (CD1: Broken Sword 2; CD2: Car Tycoon ;) ) I'm not able to make it, cause speech.clu and music.clu are TWO BIG files

(PM links) :)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

md5 wrote:Hm, if I remember correctly, the port scene is normally located on the second CD.
If memory serves me, the CD change happens once you leave Quaramonte City, which is later in the game.

If the game works with the desktop version of ScummVM, but not with the PocketPC version, I don't really know what might be wrong sinec I don't know how well it's supposed to run on the PocketPC in the first place.

If you hat gotten this error with the desktop version of ScummVM, I would have guessed that the data file (probably docks.clu, but I'm not sure) had been corrupted or (more likely) truncated, because at this point here's what happens:
  • The program reads an offset from the beginning of the data file.
  • This offset points to an index at the end of the file. The index goes all the way to the end of the file.
  • Each entry in the index is 8 bytes, so the number of bytes in the file from the start of the index to the end of the file must be divisible by 8.
If I read the error in the screenshot correctly, it fails on the "divisible by 8" test.
Anthrox

Post by Anthrox »

@eriktorbjorn - thank you ->
re-copy docks.clu from PC to SD.

It works, uffffffffffffff :D