No problem - close or lock if possible

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kickin1019

No problem - close or lock if possible

Post by kickin1019 »

Hi, I'm new and not good with computers, so if anyone can help, I will need the step by step dumbed down version.

So heres my problem, i have ScummVM 0.8 and the files for the LucasArts games. I tried to play the Monkey Island games but the speech would not work no matter what i set it to. Then to test Scumm, i played Fate of Atlantis and the speech works in this game.

So does it seem like I have a problem with my files, my settings, or none of the above?

Thanks for any help that you can give.
Last edited by kickin1019 on Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Monkey Island 1&2 do not have speech, only the latter 2 games do: CMI and EFMI, personally i always thought it would be cool if someone made a speech pack for 1&2, Dominic Armato probably would even be willing to do the voice of guybrush again, He's at http://www.worldofmi.com/ a lot.Dont know about Earl Boen though(voice of lechuck)
kickin1019

Post by kickin1019 »

Wow... I feel like an idiot. I thought that might be the case but I thought i read somewhere when i was googling this that there were voices in MI2. I mustve been reading about 3 and just gotten the names confused, well i thank you very much.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

No worries, im surprised that lucasarts never made speech packs for these games after all they made one for loom, which although its a fantastic game, It sold rather poorly, so much so that they cancelled the rest of the trilogy (Forge and The Fold)
MasterGrazzt

Post by MasterGrazzt »

glokidd wrote:No worries, im surprised that lucasarts never made speech packs for these games after all they made one for loom, which although its a fantastic game, It sold rather poorly, so much so that they cancelled the rest of the trilogy (Forge and The Fold)
Apparently that is *not* the case, it's just that LucasFilm Games was still a pretty small company back then, and everyone who had worked on the game had already moved on to other projects. So the sequels were cancelled, or at least put on hold until they were either forgotten about or not viable.