Screen Flip - XDA Exec / JasJar / SPV M5000

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Ash Spain

Screen Flip - XDA Exec / JasJar / SPV M5000

Post by Ash Spain »

I have an O2 XDA Exec running wm5 and its all good. I installed scumm and a whole host of games that i dug up from the attic and they run great.

The thing is that i'd like to be able to play these games with the exec open and in "laptop" mode so that i can use the keyboard with the key mapping.

The problem with this is that the screen is upside down and the pointer calibration is out. does anyone know if you can rotate the screen 180 degrees. and if its impossible then how do i suggest this to the creator for a future version.

also it'd be cool to be able to set up a key mapping for the left button as well as for the right - because i have loads of keys and then using the stylus just dictates where the mouse is and then using the mapped keys allows you to click left or right.

obviously not everyone has an exec with a full keyboard so these things would have to be extra options which you can turn on if you have a need for it. but i think it would be proper sweet.

anyway thanks for reading and for any suggestions

:D
Cirion81

Post by Cirion81 »

Usually arisme reads this forum, so any proposals on future versions of PocketScumm in a post should be read by him.

Greetings

-Christian
Arisme
ScummVM Porter

Post by Arisme »

Well, this one is going to be pretty difficult to implement without a device to test it on. I have a Qtek 9100 that should have the same behaviour, but I don't know if I'll have time to test that for 0.8.1 (most probably not)