HP 6515 Issues

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

BadKarmaWalking

HP 6515 Issues

Post by BadKarmaWalking »

Overall, this runs so much better than I expected on the goofy 240x240 screen the device has. Thumbs up to the devs :)

The major issue I'm having right now is that the integrated keyboard, if I attempt to use it and/or hit a key by accident inputs the wrong keystroke, and then repeats it infinitely. (This is primarily noticeable in the savegame dialog).

Minor issue: Hitting the "landscape mode" monkey doesn't rotate the screen, it just expands it to the proper 320-wide width, but then wraps around the screen (instead of the horizontal compression it does currently).
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Wow, I didn't believe there were devices with screen sizes other than 176x220, 240x320 & 480x640. Landscape mode should look exacly like you're describing, so it's *almost* a non-issue. It's hard to prepare fast/optimized screen resizing filters for arbitrary screen resolutions, so Arisme's doing the right thing, which is to support some standard screen resolutions. This of course brings up errors like this one.

You should post o fomal bug report for the keyboard repeat issue.

Kostas
Arisme
ScummVM Porter

Post by Arisme »

I'll see if I can understand what's happening with this keyboard issue.

I guess the game is rescaled to 176x220, right ? The Landscape icon should be disabled in this resolution, another problem to go (but not a big one)