PocketPC/WinCE Port and the buildbot?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pncFreak

PocketPC/WinCE Port and the buildbot?

Post by pncFreak »

Is the PocketPC/WinCE port hard to include into the buildbot?

Not sure exactly what the buildbot does, but I suppose it automatically makes a nightly build or something?

Or does each build require a lot of manual tinkering with additional libraries etc (and why can't they be included into the buildbot routine)?

I hope Lostech, Knakos or some other experienced builder comments on this.
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

My build and packaging process is done by a shell script. This works as long fine as there are no build problems like a broken build somewhere or a greater change like splitting all engines in 2 ScummVM.exe instead into a single one.
Although when everything runs fine there would be no check of the created build does really run on a device since building and upload would be done automatic. On the other side you need an server which does run the job every day. I don´t owe one.
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

Lostech wrote:Although when everything runs fine there would be no check of the created build does really run on a device since building and upload would be done automatic.
Well, I suppose an automated build (although some builds probably would be broken) would make playtesting new engines on the WinCE Port easier.
Lostech wrote:On the other side you need an server which does run the job every day. I don´t owe one.
Bummer :( Are all the other builds in the buildbot hosted outside the scummVM SourceForge?

Anyone willing to host a buildbot for the ARM build out there? Please?
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

Are all the other builds in the buildbot hosted outside the scummVM SourceForge?
Since I´m not a dev I can´t answer that question.
Anyone willing to host a buildbot for the ARM build out there? Please?
If someone is interested I could post my bash shell script which would still need some smaller changes to be run as a job.