Inability to load Goblins 1, 2 and 3

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

LunaVorax

Inability to load Goblins 1, 2 and 3

Post by LunaVorax »

Hi there !

I finally jailbreaked my iPod Touch (2.2.1) and installed ScummVM 0.13.0 through Cydia 1.0.2797-47 and then I uploaded via FileZila and the OpenSSH stuff the following games

- Gobliiins (Floppy, French)
- Gobliins 2 (Floppy, French)
- Goblins 3 (Floppy, French)
- Monkey Island 1 (CD without the tracks, French)
- Monkey Island 2 (Floppy, French)
- Woodruff (CD, French)

Then I wanted to play Gobliiins and a popup box appeared :

Code: Select all

This game does not support loading games from the launcher.
And it does the same for Gobliins 2 ans Goblins 3, but Monkey 1, 2 and Woodruff are not affected (but ScummVm show me a weird empty "Load Game" when I start Monkey 1)

Not a big deal. Usualy when I have a problem I know that someone else in the world had the same once and posted a question on a forum :D
99% probability

So I Googled my error message
...and nothing
Also the ScummVM wiki state that Goblins 1-3 are fully playable on the iPhone... so what happenned ? Did I made something wrong ?

Anyway, in the other hand I REALLY want to congratulate ALL the ScummVM team for making Woodruff fully playable on the iPhone ; and in fact for Woodruff support in general, this is the best idea you had so far, I really though my old Woodruff CD will take dust over the year.
I really mean it, I love you guys, I definitively send you a chocolate cake some day. I don't know how and when but I'll do it for sure.

Here are some pictures :
* Weird empty load screen (Monkey1 start)
* Error popup (Goblins 1-3)
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Inability to load Goblins 1, 2 and 3

Post by LordHoto »

LunaVorax wrote:(but ScummVm show me a weird empty "Load Game" when I start Monkey 1)
Is the "Load Game" dialog for that one just empty, even though you have savegames? Or why do you say it's "weird"? The screen you posted looks just fine for low screen resolution devices, they don't have the resolution for also displaying thumbnails like your Win, Linux, Mac OS X ScummVM does.
LunaVorax wrote: Also the ScummVM wiki state that Goblins 1-3 are fully playable on the iPhone... so what happenned ? Did I made something wrong ?
AFAIK there's no support for loading Gob 1-3 games via launcher and there will never be, because of how the games are handling save/load. I thought that Gob 1 is using passwords anyway.
LunaVorax

Re: Inability to load Goblins 1, 2 and 3

Post by LunaVorax »

Oh dear oh dear oh dear...

Ok guys there's no problem at all, I just a stupid fool.
I confused all day the "Load" and "Start" button... god I feel so stupid, a whole post for that...
Don't kill me please

Anyway you'll still have your chocolate cake.
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

I think you are confusing 2 things here.

The button "Start" in the main ScummVM screen starts the game. This is what you want.

The button "Load" tries to load a savegame of a game directly, without going though the intro screen of the game.
This is not supported for all games, since some have their own save/load dialogue.

edit: Dammit, to late!