Wiimote sensitivity

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mglz

Wiimote sensitivity

Post by mglz »

Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the cursor in ScummVM? If not could this be added sometime? I find the remote works fine navigating the Wii menus and other games that use the pointer, but in ScummVM it's way way way too sensitive and makes it unplayable :cry:
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

I've never experienced anything like that myself. Are your batteries ok?
mglz

Post by mglz »

Yeah, batteries and sensor bar are fine - can navigate in all other games and other wii apps without problems. It's not really completely unusable it's more that the cursor moves around the screen much faster than it does in anything else I've used. It doesn't help that most old adventure games pack the screen much tighter than any wii-developed software. Which is why I thought it might help if you could make it less sensitive somehow.
I couldn't find a setting or an entry in the config files anywhere that adjusts cursor speed/sensitivity.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

Which build do you use?
I never experienced anything similiar either.

Clicking a single pixel can be troublesome sometimes, but that's the only problem so far.
mglz

Post by mglz »

It should be the latest. I used the Homebrew Browser earlier today to update.

Maybe I'm just being overly picky? I don't know now. I do know that navigating the main menus on the Wii is quite a bit easier than playing games on scummvm. It also takes much less movement to move from one side of the screen to the other with scummvm. I mean, I can get around and play the games, it just requires more effort holding my hand very very still and making small movements. I suppose if no one else is having problems then it's just me.