drag and release to click

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

luigihann

drag and release to click

Post by luigihann »

I've touched on this before, but I figured I'd mention it again: it'd be nice to have an option where the mouse click event occurs when you lift the stylus off the screen, rather than the instant you press it down. This would let the user find hotspots more precisely and intuitively, I think. It'd only really be a problem in situations where you need to drag stuff, there'd have to be some other way to "hold down" the mouse button.
tomten

Re: drag and release to click

Post by tomten »

luigihann wrote:I've touched on this before, but I figured I'd mention it again: it'd be nice to have an option where the mouse click event occurs when you lift the stylus off the screen, rather than the instant you press it down. This would let the user find hotspots more precisely and intuitively, I think. It'd only really be a problem in situations where you need to drag stuff, there'd have to be some other way to "hold down" the mouse button.
Don't you think hover mode accomplishes this?
luigihann

Post by luigihann »

It's similar to hover mode, yes, but there's no way to click while in hover mode without switching back to another mode, this'd be kind of best of both worlds, in my opinion.
tomten

Post by tomten »

luigihann wrote:It's similar to hover mode, yes, but there's no way to click while in hover mode without switching back to another mode, this'd be kind of best of both worlds, in my opinion.
Yes there is. Just tap the left or right button to make a left or right click. Or am I misunderstanding you?