HTC Touch Pro (Raphael) Sword1 no intros or sound

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

threedee

HTC Touch Pro (Raphael) Sword1 no intros or sound

Post by threedee »

Well, since i got me a fancy phone i decided to stuff it with some old games that i have gathering dust in the attic.

Enter Broken Sword (1). Got the WinCE scummvm package, loaded, added a game. Game runs, but no intro and no speech.

Any way to fix this ?

Game is retail windows version on 2 cds, which i dumped (files, not images) into the same dir.

Help ?

Thanks.
pncFreak

Re: HTC Touch Pro (Raphael) Sword1 no intros or sound

Post by pncFreak »

threedee wrote: Enter Broken Sword (1). Got the WinCE scummvm package, loaded, added a game. Game runs, but no intro and no speech.

Any way to fix this ?
First check that you have renamed and copied files according to the list found here

This might solve your speech issue (note the renaming of the speech files in the link above).

Secondly you don't write which version of the WinCE versions you use, but I'm assuming that it is 0.13.0

I think the current SVN builds can show the original cutscenes (intro etc), but if you are using 0.13.0 you will have to download this
threedee

Post by threedee »

WinCe 0.13.0.

Fixed speech, cutscenes/intro still dont play.

What do you mean by "SVN build" ?

Downloaded cutscenes from the link you provided, where do i put them ? Dump into root of the game folder ?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

threedee wrote:WinCe 0.13.0.

Fixed speech, cutscenes/intro still dont play.

What do you mean by "SVN build" ?

Downloaded cutscenes from the link you provided, where do i put them ? Dump into root of the game folder ?
As pointed out, follow the instructions in this page:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... e_Templars
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

threedee wrote:What do you mean by "SVN build" ?
The daily builds from the subversion tree available from the link in the left column at the scummVM homepage (there is no daily build for WINCE, alas)
threedee wrote:Downloaded cutscenes from the link you provided, where do i put them ? Dump into root of the game folder ?
I recommend this thread for further CE related issues, like compression of sound and speech (including Broken Sword 1).

If you want to use your files as they are, just extract the previously linked cutscene zip-file.
In addition to the 'MUSIC' and 'SPEECH' folders in my game folder (called SWORD1), I have a 'VIDEO' folder where the files are extracted.
Last edited by pncFreak on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
threedee

Post by threedee »

I'm happy using original files, have loads of space to put them on (8gb). Plus no need to mess about with all sorts of compressors/converters...
threedee

Post by threedee »

Update:

After adding cutscene pack scummvm-ce crashes out to home screen of the phone.

If removed video folder - everything ok, sans intros and cutscenes...

???