DLDI Initialised OK - but not working on M3 DS Real

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

TerDS

DLDI Initialised OK - but not working on M3 DS Real

Post by TerDS »

Hello,

i have downloaded the new version 0.11.0 and copied on my SanDisk 4GB SD Card for use on a M3 DS Real Adapter.

When starting the A Build of Scumm VM DS, a splash screen "DLDI Compatible" appears. Afterwards I get a screen with the key config on the upper screen.

But I am unable to go any further. No "Add Game" Button appears. I think I have clicked almost every dot of the touchscreen...

The lower message says:

DLDI Device:
"M3-DS (SD Card)"
DLDI Driver Initialised OK!

I tried with just copying and also with patching the files (for use on M3 SD Devices).

The folder structure is like following:

root
|- [system]
|- [NDS]
---| Scumm VM Files
---| [Lucas Arts]
-----| [Day of the Tentacle]

The brackets [] mean folders. I also copied the Scumm VM Files into the subfolders of NDS, to make sure...

Can anybody tell me what went wrong? I read the FAQ but couldn´t find a clue. Thanks!
Ernie76

Post by Ernie76 »

Try to start scummVM from the root directory, the M3Real supports only dldi in the root directory.
The games can be in a folder but scumm VM itself must be directly on the sd card root
TerDS

Post by TerDS »

Hello,

I did what you suggested but it did not affect the outcome.

Can there be a problem mit the system files of M3?

edit:
Now I re-formatted the SD-Card and copied everything new again, including the latest system files (which I had before, too). Now it is working - whatever was the problem, I do not know.