The 7th Guest (DOS) Error Message

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Darkstar429

The 7th Guest (DOS) Error Message

Post by Darkstar429 »

I'm trying to play The 7th Guest on my Wii, I can get scummvm to detect the game, but when I try to run it, the screen goes black, and I get...some kind of error message. The problem is I can't say what kind of error because the font in the message is really, really, really small. The game runs fine on my computer, though.

I guess my question is, is anyone else having trouble playing this game on the Wii? Or can someone tell me what this error message says and how to fix it? Thanks!
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

All I can suggest maybe is do a search of the Wii forum for the game. I don't have the game to hand to test and I don't know if anybody else here has tried it with the Wii.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

I just tried for you with my copy of The 7th Guest, and it runs alright.
A loading time of 15secs orso after hitting "start new game" but still running okay.
Darkstar429

Post by Darkstar429 »

Ok, I can make out that it says "type 'exit' to return to the game", but how do I do that with the Wii remote? Or do I need a keyboard?
Darkstar429

Post by Darkstar429 »

I figured out how to type, and I was wrong about that; it's still not working. I found this site talked about before:

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... est.2C_The

and now I see that I have everything there except "fat.*", which looks like it could be what the error message says is missing. Is there any way I can get Fat.* or am I out of luck?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Darkstar429 wrote: and now I see that I have everything there except "fat.*", which looks like it could be what the error message says is missing. Is there any way I can get Fat.* or am I out of luck?
The "*" is a wildcard character that means "there could be any text here". At least in the version I bought, there are files called fat.ad, fat.mt and fat.opl on disc 2.
Darkstar429

Post by Darkstar429 »

Alright, I'll keep an eye out for that...thanks!