sam and max box problem

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Tlynx

sam and max box problem

Post by Tlynx »

Hey, first of all great work on such an awesome program. All of the games that I have work flawlessly. All except for sam and max hit the road. I do fine up until I have to go down the stairs on the first chapter. The box for selecting actions blocks my view from the stairs. I got down once after spending a half hour trying. But forgot to save lol. Now I can't get down no matter how hard I try.
Oh, I'm using the G1 android by the way.

Thanks for any help, Tlynx
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: sam and max box problem

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Tlynx wrote:I do fine up until I have to go down the stairs on the first chapter. The box for selecting actions blocks my view from the stairs.
You don't have to click in the lower corner of the screen. I don't know how the G1 works, but in the desktop version of ScummVM the cursor changes from "pointing fingers" to "walking fingers" when it's over a hotspot.

To leave the building, you should be able to click anywhere in approximately this area of the screen:
samnmax.png
samnmax.png (12.31 KiB) Viewed 366 times
Tlynx

Post by Tlynx »

Yeah, that's one of the problems with the G1 version. The whole thing is touch screen, so there isn't any fingers to show you where to click. And that's where I was touching the screen for an hour. It finally worked, but I decided to try it again and it wouldn't let me back down no matter how many times I touch that part of the screen lol
ZestyPizza

Post by ZestyPizza »

I figured out how to solve that issue, i was having problems trying to get back in the tent at the circus as well. In one of the other forum topics, evidently holding the camera button and tapping the screen acts as a right-click. Therefore although you can't see what cursor type you're using, you can scroll through them with the camera/tap and eventually you'll get the walk command cursor. Works every time now.

A word of warning to you, the tunnel of love was a real pain. Make sure you save if you manage to get that working. Most likely you'd be better off quitting now, since adding any location to the map (like the Largest Ball of Twine, or House of Fish) freezes the app, requiring a phone reset...