help with my themes

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

whatelsematters

help with my themes

Post by whatelsematters »

the first time i loaded up scummvm i changed the theme from the default to the classic, just to see what it looked like. the default, or "modern" theme doesn't show up in the menu under options, and i have no idea how to change it back or install new themes. help!
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Hmm that's odd, I have no idea why the modern theme doesn't show up. I'll look into it.

Temporary workaround: The ScummVM configuration file is located at /var/root/.scummvmrc on your device. If you edit that one (if you have the BSD subsystem installed (it's a package in Installer.app), you can SSH to the phone and do 'pico /var/root/.scummvmrc'. Then find the line that starts with gui_theme (I think) and delete it. You could also fetch the file from the phone via SFTP (same way you upload your games), edit it locally on your PC and then upload it back.

Alternatively you can delete the full file, but then you'll have to re-add all your games.
whatelsematters

that worked great, thanks!

now i have another one for you:
i installed copies of monkey island 1 and 2, and the sound is barely audible in my headphones. i cranked up the midi gain, and all the volume sliders are all the way up. what am i missing? sorry i'm such a newb!
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Yep known issue with no workaround that I've found yet.

Basically, you have to very briefly play some audio from a "normal" program to get the volume properly set.

If you have an iPod, just double-hit the button then hit play a bit (then stop), and you should be able to enjoy ScummVM in its full volume glory!
whatelsematters

ok, thank you :)
Adyfire

Post by Adyfire »

I have the same problem, the theme is now classic and I can't figure out how to change it back.
I tried removing and reinstalling ScummmVM using Cydia, no luck.
I looked around for that file mentioned in an earlier post but couldn't find it using the iPhoneBrowser and i can't connect to the ipod using ssh.
I did find something called modern.ini and modern.zip in var/stash/Applications.nYPLLN/ScummVM.app/ directory, but i don't know what to do with them and setting the theme path to that directory dosen't work.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Adyfire wrote:I have the same problem, the theme is now classic and I can't figure out how to change it back.
I looked around for that file mentioned in an earlier post but couldn't find it using the iPhoneBrowser and i can't connect to the ipod using ssh.
I did find something called modern.ini and modern.zip in var/stash/Applications.nYPLLN/ScummVM.app/ directory, but i don't know what to do with them and setting the theme path to that directory dosen't work.
The modern theme doesn't work correctly in the current SVN build, if that's what you're using. I'll try to put up a new one soon.
chrisduffer

Post by chrisduffer »

Adyfire wrote:I have the same problem, the theme is now classic and I can't figure out how to change it back.
I had the same issue. It looks the the file is /private/var/mobile/Library/ScummVM/Preferences for version 0.12.0. Removing the theme setting line reverted my theme back to Modern.
Hope this helps
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Yeah, it actually looks like the name of the theme changed.

Starting up ScummVM and re-selecting the modern theme in the option fixes the problem, as well.

EDIT: This is assuming you've upgraded from 0.12 to a newer snapshot.