Garbled Loom folder in "the dig" folder which is u

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Veeb

Garbled Loom folder in "the dig" folder which is u

Post by Veeb »

Help please!

Firstly i'd like to convey my thanks for a great port of scummvm to the PSP it's fantastic, Secondly i've checked on the forums and can't find another case of this so here goes.

I have a 1.5 fw PSP running scummvm v0.8. Today I decided to take the dig off it to make room for other stuff. Anyway I noticed a "loom" folder inside the dig folder (loom being another game on my psp but in a seperate folder) now all of the files in this folder are garbled random characters and the whole thing reads as "33.6 GB" in properties, and when I try to delete it, it says "Cannot delete file: cannot read from the source file or disk" Is there any way to remove this without formatting the whole card? and has anyone had this problem before? Thanks.

P.S. Here's a screen of the errant loom folder inside the dig folder.

joostp
ScummVM Developer

Re: Garbled Loom folder in "the dig" folder which

Post by joostp »

Veeb wrote:Is there any way to remove this without formatting the whole card?
I doubt it. I guess it might be possible to repair it using scandisk or some other piece of software, but reformatting is probably quicker and more reliable.
Veeb wrote: and has anyone had this problem before?
Not personally, but I've read about similar accounts from other people on some PSP forums and IRC.
Veeb

Post by Veeb »

I guess it's just some random erroneous data then. Thanks for the help anyway.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Veeb wrote:I guess it's just some random erroneous data then. Thanks for the help anyway.
No, it sounds like a corrupt filesystem to me.. how else can it report >33GB on a media with lesser capacity?
Veeb

Post by Veeb »

Yeah but either way it's a re-format. Oh well. Thanks again for the help.
clem

Post by clem »

quite unrelated, but prolly still funny:

http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0200586/ ... eddisk.txt

that was my HD once, it worked flawlessly though until I upgraded (just fdisk crashed every time I tried to start it, hehe)

clem