Full Throttle Question (Bug?)

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jorpho

Full Throttle Question (Bug?)

Post by Jorpho »

Well, I finally got around to giving Full Throttle a whirl. Really doesn't last very long, does it? Great fun, though, at least until the stupidity in the final sequence.

Anyway, during the dueling stage I ended up using a chain so much that it disappeared. This much was supposed to happen; Ben even said something when it disappeared. However, I subsequently got another chain, and after finishing the stage (that is, jumping the gorge), I kept it until the end of the game, unlike the other weapons I picked up.

I could go to great lengths trying to reproduce this, but I thought I'd ask: Has someone else already established that this was a bug in the original game? Or could this actually be a bug in ScummVM? (I'm using 0.8.0, Win32.)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

That's not a bug. You should see it by yourself because Ben complained about it. Chains is a long tool, so it is possible to draw it out. It's a feature of original gameplay.

Eugene
Jorpho

Post by Jorpho »

What I was wondering about was why it stayed in my inventory as a completely useless item when all the other weapons were removed.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Who knows why did they make it in this way. But it's quite usual in adventure games to have one or two useless items.

Eugene
clem

Post by clem »

even though in most (all?) other lucasarts games there are no such red herrings (well maybe the money and gold in the beginning of MI2)

clem
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Two words: chain saw... ;P