Moderator: ScummVM Team

Track505

German please?

Post by Track505 »

Hello. Would be it still possible to furnish a German Subforum/Thread? :oops:
olki
ScummVM Developer

Post by olki »

Well, a potential problem with non-english forums is that we would need moderators speaking the language to ensure that no warez or other illegal topics are breached. At the moment, only ScummVM team members are moderators. While languages such as German or French, just to give two examples, aren't really a problem to moderate since we have enough developers speaking those languages, opening forums in those two languages would lead to more people asking for forums in other languages. It would be harder to say "no" to them if we already have non-english forums.

Another reason against non-english forums is that the main focus of these forums is to facilitate communication between developers and users. If a user reports a problem (NOT bug reports. We have a bug tracker for those) that exactly one developer would know how to solve, he wouldn't get an answer if the developer doesn't speak the same language.

I'm not the person who decides whether or not we will open new forums, but I personally am against it.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Yes, I'd agree with olki here. Would be too difficult to maintain. Besides, primary language for ScummVM Team communication is English.

Eugene
kukubau

Re: German please?

Post by kukubau »

Moderatorial: Politically incorrect offensive speech removed.
clem

Post by clem »

whee, are we already getting our first flame war?

*gets excited*

clem
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

One post moderated, one deleted. Read forums rule #14. Topic is closed.

Eugene