Broken Sword 1 & 2

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tadsg

Broken Sword 1 & 2

Post by tadsg »

Hi,

Is there anyway you can compress the two games and still have it working on the PSP? I can fit them onto my memory card but it takes about 2 GB (1 for each game)

Also is it just my bs1 or does george go tranparent inside the cafe? (right at the start)

Thanks.

TadSG
Pix2

Post by Pix2 »

If you download the scummvm tools you can convert all the audio into ogg format which will save some space. They are still going to take up quite a bit of room but you may be able to get it down below 1GB for the pair.
tadsg

Post by tadsg »

Okay I just downloaded and tried it but it does nothing it just loads up the CMD and then goes off?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

tadsg wrote:Okay I just downloaded and tried it but it does nothing it just loads up the CMD and then goes off?
Yes, that is to be expected, these are command-line tools. Read the included README
tadsg

Post by tadsg »

oh yeah it runs off cmd (duh!) I just blond moment i think lol thanks by the way do any of you get that issue with george in the cafe? whenever i go into the cafe on BS1 the animation sort of flickers.
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

I invested in an 8gb card these Christmas and boy, it sure has been worth it so far.

Just had to make sure to format it in Fat32 with a 32 Kb cluster size to speed things up.
tadsg

Post by tadsg »

I need help compressing the files I've set it all up like it says but it just says:

" cannot find the Speech files cannot find the Music files 2
but they are right there infront of me and all in caps so it cant be the os causing trouble any ideas?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

tadsg wrote: " cannot find the Speech files cannot find the Music files 2
but they are right there infront of me and all in caps so it cant be the os causing trouble any ideas?
If memory serves me, the speech and music files have to be in "SPEECH" and "MUSIC" folders inside the folder you point compress_sword1 to. Could that be the problem?
tadsg

Post by tadsg »

Okay thanks i've done that and its worked thank you.

But now i have another problem I've converted the bs2 files and it works fine but when I get to the scene where i meet André at the cafe he goes to sit down and the psp screen goes black (thats normal) but then the music cuts off and nothing it just freezes and turns itself off.

I've checked the files they are all there its just not working though.

I'm running a PSP with CFW:5.00m33-4

Any ideas whats wrong?