SOLVED: Sound problems.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

monkey_05_06

SOLVED: Sound problems.

Post by monkey_05_06 »

I've been using ScummVM to run some of my games lately, and I've been having some problems with the sound. It sounds really choppy, even though I know it's not. I was just curious if there are some specific sound settings I need to use or if it might be a problem with my sound card.
Last edited by monkey_05_06 on Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbob

Re: Sound problems.

Post by Jimbob »

Some more information about your computer might help to solve the problem, ie. which OS you're running, soundcard details etc.

Jimbob
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Sound problems.

Post by eriktorbjorn »

monkey_05_06 wrote:I've been using ScummVM to run some of my games lately, and I've been having some problems with the sound. It sounds really choppy, even though I know it's not. I was just curious if there are some specific sound settings I need to use or if it might be a problem with my sound card.
You don't mention which operating system you are using, but there was a thread about sound problems under Windows titled All Games Sound Problems!! Please help

Perhaps there's some useful information in it that applies to your problem as well.
monkey_05_06

Post by monkey_05_06 »

Kirben wrote:Open a Command Prompt or MS-DOS Prompt and set the SDL audio driver to WaveOut:
set SDL_AUDIODRIVER=waveout

Then start ScummVM via that command prompt or ms-dos prompt.
This fixed it. Sorry for not looking around before posting. I should have known better. Thanks.