My setup that is working...

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Skanzo

My setup that is working...

Post by Skanzo »

Just wanted to post the setup that I just got working today.

Wii Console Ver. 3.4U (I assume the U is for United States?)
HomeBrew Channel Ver. 1.0.1
IOS36 V12.18
Twilight Hack RVL-RZDE-0A-0
ScummVW 0.12.0

I tried both "The Curse Of Monkey Island" and "Day Of The Tentacle", both worked perfectly, no lag, full dialog, full music. I set the saved gave path to the top ScummVM folder for both games. That's the only setting I changed.

I tried "Prince Of Persia" it didn't load.
I am going to go buy a bigger SD card and try a bunch more this weekend and I'll post what I got working.

Also, in case anyone is interested, I ran Gecko OS app 1.07 from the HomeBrew channel and successfully played a PAL import Wii disc game!
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

The ScummVM release you tried is the most recent Stable release. The 2 Scumm games you tried do work well with it. Prince of Persia is not supported by ScummVM. When you tried to "Add Game" you should of got a "Game not recognized".
If you try a recent 0.13, there are a couple in this forum, apparently SD card optimisations aren't in the toolchain anymore so CoMI might not be so smooth.
I seem to remember 0.12 can't utilise SDHC cards but 0.13 builds can. Careful with larger cards. Please do more research (Google) but I'm sure the Wii still doesn't support normal SD cards above 2GB. Some but not all Homebrew can accept SDHC.
I'm also not sure about normal SD cards above 2GB with even the latest Homebrew.
I know the 0.13 build by Dhewg also supports USB storage as I tried it myself yesterday. Think it's the first time I've ever used any of those 2 USB ports.
By the way what PoP game are you trying to play?

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... c&start=15

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=6599
Skanzo

Post by Skanzo »

I was trying the original Apple II PoP. I have tons of old Apple discs.

I play to try the Leisure Suit Larry's soon too.

So you used a USB Thumb Drive and were successful? That might be a cheaper route to go. What was the gig on the drive?
I'm thinking Nintendo is going to have to come out with large gig external USB drive support soon, as their VC catalog is getting huge and there are very limited channels available on the core drive. Had to delete some stuff for the first time this week.

From what I've read the Wii doesn't support SDHC cards at all. But there is supposed to be an update coming soon that will allow you to save the VC games directly to a SD card, so maybe a firmware update for supporting larger format cards is on its way.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

I guess you were playing POP on the AppleII emulator rather than ScummVM? :shock:

I use a USB 80gb HDD for my Scumm games and it works fine!

SDHC has been supported by the homebrew scene for a while now too!
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

"Only geeks and otaku want extra storage"

Laurent Fischer. Managing director of marketing at Nintendo Europe.
Sorry couldn't help myself.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Red_Breast wrote:"Only geeks and otaku want extra storage"

Laurent Fischer. Managing director of marketing at Nintendo Europe.
Sorry couldn't help myself.
Guilty as charged! :lol: