Computer-Specific Save State Error

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

iglahn

Computer-Specific Save State Error

Post by iglahn »

I didn't see anything like this in the previous posts, so I hope this isn't a repeat topic.

Basically, I have ScummVM and a number of games for it in folders in a common file. The games work fine, but there's a problem with the save states.

When I try to save, a notice pops up that looks something like, "Failed to save to file: SamnMax.s01". And at intervals throughout gameplay the same message pops up.

I transferred this same collection of files over to two other computers to test and the games work fine in every way, saves and all. But when I copy the files onto my computer, this error occurs.

What could there be about my computer or its configuration that would prevent me from saving my games?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for your time and help,
Isaac.
Jimbob

Re: Computer-Specific Save State Error

Post by Jimbob »

iglahn wrote:I didn't see anything like this in the previous posts, so I hope this isn't a repeat topic.

Basically, I have ScummVM and a number of games for it in folders in a common file. The games work fine, but there's a problem with the save states.

When I try to save, a notice pops up that looks something like, "Failed to save to file: SamnMax.s01". And at intervals throughout gameplay the same message pops up.

I transferred this same collection of files over to two other computers to test and the games work fine in every way, saves and all. But when I copy the files onto my computer, this error occurs.

What could there be about my computer or its configuration that would prevent me from saving my games?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for your time and help,
Isaac.
I would hazard a guess and say you don't have write access to the folder where the game saves are created. Which computers / OS are you using?

Jimbob
iglahn

Nevermind.

Post by iglahn »

Haha, okay I fixed it. (Since seven minutes ago.)

I guess the save games were all set to a default folder which didn't exist, so I just created one and manually set the games' save states to that folder.

In that case I just want to express how much I appreciate what the ScummVM team has done, and how much I dance when the Monkey Island theme plays.
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

it seems, you have no permission to write the save file. Maybe you have no write permisson for the whole subdirectory. Did you try to specify a special Save Directory?

The messages during the game play are caused by the AutoSave feature of ScummVM (every 5 minutes, I think).

kind regards

Frank