ScummVM/Wii SVN builds

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Bossk

Post by Bossk »

New build: scummvm-wii-svn_r35520_20081224.rar

Notes:
- All completed engines included (including 7th Guest, Tucker)
- Minor FAT issues, hopefully to be solved a next build: Scummvm.ini + saves are stored in the SD root. Not all FAT performance boost patches are included due to compatability issues. Readahead caching is added back though.
- No more audio hickups in COMI, and only a few video stutters. It's definitely very playable.
Last edited by Bossk on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
varnama

Post by varnama »

Thanks for your hard work!! if you enable visual filters like scale2x, i'll be veryyyyyyy veryyyyyy happy!! 8)
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I've had no problems with I Have No Mouth and Woodruff & the Schnibble but Bud Tucker doesn't start.
I'm not too sure if the Wii can handle the game. The game is only 620MB. It does have over 4000 wav files though.
I've tried using the "compress_tucker" tool but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've asked for some help in the forum.
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=6488

I think it would help with getting this game running on the Wii but nobody has replied at the moment. Could be something to do with Xmas maybe.
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Ive had a few crashes with it on Broken Sword 2 (the Zombie Island section)
mowfax

Post by mowfax »

I've tried the latest Build with Kyrandia 1, 2 and 3.
Kyrandia 1 worked flawlessly.
Kyrandia 2 had only one but annoying bug. When you die and want to load a game afterwards it loads but when you see the first screen of the loaded game, it crashes and returns to homebrew channel.
Kyrandia 3 had several Bugs, one dealbreaking.
a) Not a bug, but annoying were the loading times. When you load a game from scummvm menu it's finished after about 2 - 2,5 minutes
b) Music, Sound and Speech were stuttering at times. (I have a SanDisk Extreme III SD Card with 2 GB, I don't think it's the problem.)
c) When you go to jail and have to make some doilies, the game crashed always after about a minute. (in 50% of all crashes it goes to homebrew channel, the other 50% give a dump)
d) When you come from underworld and use the machine to come back to kyrandia, the screen hangs at that last cave picture and after about a minute or so the game crashes with a dump.
This is the dealbreaker because I cannot finish the game :(

Thank you anyways for your SVN releases! I hope you can do something about my issues. :)
raz0red

Post by raz0red »

First off, congrats on a great port to the Wii!

I decided to give The 7th Guest a shot after reading your latest commit comments. While the game initially loads correctly, it gets stuck at the Trilobyte title screen. Am I doing something wrong, or is that the current state of that emulation?

--Raz.
jvprat
ScummVM Developer

Post by jvprat »

raz0red wrote:While the game initially loads correctly, it gets stuck at the Trilobyte title screen. Am I doing something wrong, or is that the current state of that emulation?
It's a known bug with t7g on the wii.
raz0red

Post by raz0red »

jvprat wrote:
raz0red wrote:While the game initially loads correctly, it gets stuck at the Trilobyte title screen. Am I doing something wrong, or is that the current state of that emulation?
Thanks for the response. I just found the bug system so hopefully I won't post known issues anymore... :D

--Raz.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Only game I'm having trouble with for both the 22nd and 24th builds is Bud Tucker.
I've used the origimal wav files that come with it. I've also used "compress_tucker_exe" to encode a Flac version and an Ogg version.
I'm leaving it a few minutes to load (as I was finding "IHNM" took about 5-10 seconds to load - which I minimised a bit with "compress_saga_exe") but it didn't help.
Any suggestions?
By the way from what I've played on the PC ScummVM this looks like a good game with loads of humour.
Track down a copy.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

If wanted I'll keep posting regular svn builds.
Kinda depends on what dhewg does, what scummvm-wii users want, libfat/libogc development, and scummvm features/fixes ofcourse.
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

raz0red wrote:
jvprat wrote:
Thanks for the response. I just found the bug system so hopefully I won't post known issues anymore... :D

--Raz.
Hunted that one down, it was a bug in libogc, t7g is playable now :)
Bossk wrote:If wanted I'll keep posting regular svn builds.
Kinda depends on what dhewg does, what scummvm-wii users want, libfat/libogc development, and scummvm features/fixes ofcourse.
It wasn't my intention to demotivate you in any way, feel free do to so, and i'm glad you did while i wasn't around ;)
Its nice to see that i'm not the only one fighting with all these problems in wii homebrew land.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

No worries dhewg ;)

PS Added a new build with I Have No Mouth support.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

New features to test, new build:

scummvm-wii-svn_r35961_20090120.rar

Notes:
- Enabled virtual keyboard (dpad down). Nice job dhewg!
Last edited by Bossk on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Virtual keyboard? Woohoo! At last!
chojin

Post by chojin »

Hm, I cannot bring up the virtual keyboard. I tried the Edit Game Title Area... Where is it supposed to be available?

Anyway thanks for providing svn builds!