Need help with arrow button binding

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kingpinda

Need help with arrow button binding

Post by kingpinda »

Hi there,

Man this soft is so bleeding awesome.. Playing lsl1 on my htc touch pro. Damn nostalgic.. Glad i opted for a hardware keyboard on my ppc.

One question though. I have perused the net a bit and skimmed this site also but havent found yet what i was looking for.. Namely:

I CAN bind the cursor right left etc but that only moves the arrow on screen. What i\m looking for is to use my arrow keys on my keyboard to steer larry. Like i used to on the 8086.

using the arrow keys and qwerty layout would be magic. Now to move larry i have to touch the screen. So i now get rsi almost from using my wrist to type and then touch screen type touch screen..

Anyone know if it is possible to change this by a simple edit or something?

Thanks in advance. The eighties rule!! :)

If you don't know the next anwser you surely can't be 31!

What would a physician do if he was stranded on an island with Bo Derek:

a) Build a boat
b) overcharge her
c) thank god

[Edit] Additional testing and perusing the internet

when first starting a dos game the keyboard functions differently and i can't use most of the hardware keyboard. only the numerics respond, hard enter, space, backspace, shift caps tab and so on. AND THE DIRECTIONAL ARROWS!!

But... the entire alphabet chars don't respond! at least not for parsing.

What i do is i have the soft keyboard show up and type some rubbish.. then i use the hardware button pickup phone which as default assumingly retypes your last sentence. Then after a hard enter the hardware keyboard functions for parsing text in game.. BUT then the directional arrows cease to move the char. Tested in pq1 and lsl1. now the direction arrows just move the cursor around the screen instead of making the character move.

weirdest... Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

[edit]
sometimes the entire keyboard doesnt respond.. then i have to press the home hardware button. it looks almost as if an alt-tab is in progress but the game fights to stay in the foreground. after that the entire keyboard responds.