Which libogc/libfat version to build ScummVM?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hkzlab
ScummVM Developer

Which libogc/libfat version to build ScummVM?

Post by hkzlab »

Hi to everyone,
i've been able to build ScummVM for my gamecube using libogc and libfat from hackmii git repository, but when i try to build using the latest official versions from devkitPRO website (libogc 1.7.0 and libfat 20081205) i get the following error:

Code: Select all

backends/platform/wii/main.o: In function `main':
/home/nightshade/Downloads/scummvm/scummvm/backends/platform/wii/../../../backends/platform/wii/main.cpp:79: undefined reference to `fatEnableReadAhead'
/home/nightshade/Downloads/scummvm/scummvm/backends/platform/wii/../../../backends/platform/wii/main.cpp:92: undefined reference to `fatUnsafeUnmount'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [scummvm-gc.elf] Error 1
The question is: do you use an official version of these libraries? if not, do you use the hackmii ones or what?

Thanks to everyone!
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

You need a more recent version of libfat, from git or cvs.
hkzlab
ScummVM Developer

Post by hkzlab »

Yes, but from WHERE? :)
As i said in my previous post, i have no problem building with latest git source from git.hackmii.com , but i do have problems with latest cvs source from devkitpro.cvs.sourceforge.net (which should be the official one).
So... which one to use?
the hackmii (unofficial?) one or the devkitpro (official?) one? or there is another repository available that i do not know of?

I'm just curious, as i'm able to build using the hackmii source without problems.
devkitPro

Post by devkitPro »

We migrated from CVS to SVN a couple of weeks ago.

The latest version of libfat is 1.0.3.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=646926

Please note that the hackmii repository is an unofficial fork, currently in breach of the libogc license. It is not supported by the devkitPro team.
Bossk

Post by Bossk »

Unfortunately the official (and only officially supported) libfat does not contain any performance related patches and thus is very slow compared to a 3rd party patchset.

Dhewg is working on squeezing some extra performance out of libfat, and some of those changes have been merged in the official branch.