Broken Sword files structure help

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

TunaLover

Broken Sword files structure help

Post by TunaLover »

I have BS1 for PC, I'm trying to transfer files over my SD card to it on Wii, but I have a mess of files.

Please someone tell me what files are necessary. I already download the cutscene pack which is compatible with scummVM, but it contains 2 same files with different extensions.

.fla and .dxa <--- different compressions, or I need both extensions?

I must put it in the SMACKSHI folder and SMACKLO foders?

In the music folder all the files are ''wav'', it's ok? or I need convert those to another format?

The SPEECH folder has the file speech.clu, I'm fine with it?

The cluster folder has .clu files too

heh, please told me someway to compress game the most, I'm really short of space right now.

Thanks
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

No idea what smackshi and smacklo are.
The answer to most questions here will show you what you need.
A search of the wiki
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles
iPwnzorz

Re: Broken Sword files structure help

Post by iPwnzorz »

TunaLover wrote:I have BS1 for PC, I'm trying to transfer files over my SD card to it on Wii, but I have a mess of files.

Please someone tell me what files are necessary. I already download the cutscene pack which is compatible with scummVM, but it contains 2 same files with different extensions.

In the music folder all the files are ''wav'', it's ok? or I need convert those to another format?

heh, please told me someway to compress game the most, I'm really short of space right now.

Thanks
You will need the entire CLUSTERS, MUSIC and SPEECH folders and also a folder called video (or anything else, I always set it in my Extras path), in video goes ALL .dxa AND .fla files, .dxa is the video and .fla is the sound.

You won't need SMACKSHI or SMACKSLO - ScummVM currently only flakily supports them in the SVN.

It should be fine that the music is .wav - But you can if you want use compress_sword1 to make it .mp3, .fla or .ogg. I re-encoded my SPEECH.clu and music to Ogg to save over 200MB of space, but it's not required.
TunaLover

Post by TunaLover »

iPwnzorz wrote:
TunaLover wrote:I have BS1 for PC, I'm trying to transfer files over my SD card to it on Wii, but I have a mess of files.

Thanks
You will need the entire CLUSTERS, MUSIC and SPEECH folders and also a folder called video (or anything else, I always set it in my Extras path), in video goes ALL .dxa AND .fla files, .dxa is the video and .fla is the sound.

You won't need SMACKSHI or SMACKSLO - ScummVM currently only flakily supports them in the SVN.

It should be fine that the music is .wav - But you can if you want use compress_sword1 to make it .mp3, .fla or .ogg. I re-encoded my SPEECH.clu and music to Ogg to save over 200MB of space, but it's not required.
Wow massive thanks, I will try :o
I suppose I must compress all by my self :cry:, SPEECH is in wav though, there a LOT files, any chances to get it already converted?

The last question, how goes the files of the Disc2? separate folders? or can I fuse the disc 1 and disc 2 folders? I mean for example all MUSIC files from disc 1 and disc 2 in ONE MUSIC folder?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

TunaLover wrote: The last question, how goes the files of the Disc2? separate folders? or can I fuse the disc 1 and disc 2 folders? I mean for example all MUSIC files from disc 1 and disc 2 in ONE MUSIC folder?
Please, read the datafiles page in our wiki
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... e_Templars

It's all explained there
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Again just put the files from both CDs' CLUSTERS folders, same for music.

It's OK to overwrite files, with the obvious exception of speech.clu. Do what the readme says and name the speech.clu from disc 1 speech1.clu and the same respectively for Disc 2.

It doesn't matter if you overwrite any of the music.

As for converting, we'll assume you're on a Windows machine. Download the tools, extract compress_sword1.exe and place it in the root of the BS1 folder (the folder containing CLUSTERS etc) and open CMD (Start - Run - cmd) and do the following:

Code: Select all

> cd x&#58;\Path\to\BS1
> compress_sword1 --vorbis .
Note the " . " in the second line. It takes absolutely forever, but just hang tight. You may want to keep copies on external media for future use so you won't have to suffer again. Remember you can substitute --vorbis for --mp3 or --flac.

The re-encoded speech .clus come out as 50-60MB each from the 300MB normally. It may be more or less if you choose something like MP3.

Enjoy.
TunaLover

Post by TunaLover »

Ok, I almost done, I overwrite the video folder with the spanish add-on, the videos run ok. But the voices doesn't sound in the game, neither subtitles appear, I have no idea what's going on, I wonder if it has to do with my spanish version of the game.

By the way I have the compresed version, 350mb

No idea what I'm doing wrong.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

TunaLover wrote:Ok, I almost done, I overwrite the video folder with the spanish add-on, the videos run ok. But the voices doesn't sound in the game, neither subtitles appear, I have no idea what's going on, I wonder if it has to do with my spanish version of the game.

By the way I have the compresed version, 350mb

No idea what I'm doing wrong.
Compressed version?
TunaLover

Post by TunaLover »

Yep, I mean the one with compressed audio.

I already figure out the problem, one file had the file extension miss typed. I get running it.

Thanks for your help guys, and sorry for all this mess :wink:
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

TunaLover wrote:Yep, I mean the one with compressed audio.

I already figure out the problem, one file had the file extension miss typed. I get running it.

Thanks for your help guys, and sorry for all this mess :wink:
Did you compress the audio yourself?
TunaLover

Post by TunaLover »

I used compress_sword1 tool
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

If you mean the whole thing and not the individual compressed files that sounds about right.