Trouble Getting LOOM (Enhanced) Sound To Work Properly

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

desepticon

Trouble Getting LOOM (Enhanced) Sound To Work Properly

Post by desepticon »

I have the 256 color DOS version of Loom that came with 9 .ogg tracks in a separate folder. I converted them to mp3, reduced the bit-rate (i got an error about exceeding bit-rates before), then stitched them together and named the file track1.mp3 and placed it in the game folder.

I then started up LOOM and the music played for a couple of seconds before cutting out. After I selected the difficulty the music played for a few more seconds before stopping. Once the game starts, music will only play after I click an item, then stop shortly after.

Why doesn't the background music play? Does anyone know how to set up the game so the sound plays properly? Any help would be appreciated.

(or how to set up the talkie version. that one doesn't recognize the sound at all on the disk)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Trouble Getting LOOM (Enhanced) Sound To Work Properly

Post by eriktorbjorn »

desepticon wrote:I have the 256 color DOS version of Loom that came with 9 .ogg tracks in a separate folder.
I'm not aware of any version like that. As far as I know, Loom was released several years before Ogg and Vorbis were invented.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Forum rule #0 - no warez here!
desepticon

Post by desepticon »

I figured it out. I ripped the .aiff from the cd, converted it to mp3, reduced the bitrate, and named it Track1.mp3. No background music though, like the EGA version. Is this normal? It's seems weird that it's so silent when people aren't talking.
clem

Post by clem »

*cricket* *cricket*
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

desepticon, did you read what I wrote?