Preliminary version for firmware 2.0 is now available

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Garden Dwarf

Post by Garden Dwarf »

Tried two times ... the third was the good one.
Don't know what happened, the first times I don't remember something has failed, but who cares ... I have it now, thanks again :)
PlayingKarrde

Post by PlayingKarrde »

Echomote wrote:
Vinterstum wrote:New version (0.12.0-pre3): Fixed sleep mode (status bar and sound), and added a touchpad mode :).

Hold one finger and drag the other from left to right to toggle it. Play around with it and let me know if you think the sensitivity is ok, please!
Seems fine :) thanks so much. I think I might just play through my whole point and click game collection all over.

and a tip for copying large files to iPhone:
1) download any random app from appstore in itunes
2) open the ipa file with winrar
3) inject the scummvm game into the payload/**.app/ folder
4) sync the application to the iphone

The files will be in /var/mobile/Applications/***/**.app/

Not sure if it works, but it should in theory.
Unfortunately this doesn't work. iTunes told gave me an error when I tried it.

Nice idea though.
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

You can definitely use that logic -- however at the same time, you have to remove the DRM from the executable, resign the code, and declare a SignerIdentity in the Info.plist file. By the time you do that you may as well have used SSH or iPhoneBrowser :)
Delphiki

Post by Delphiki »

first of all ; thanks for this awesome app:)

i just got 1 question, i installed Scummvm from Cydia, ripped my entire win DOTT cd and ssh'd on my iPhone,.

everything works like a charm except i cant use ESC :O

anyone know what im doing wrong?
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Delphiki wrote:first of all ; thanks for this awesome app:)

i just got 1 question, i installed Scummvm from Cydia, ripped my entire win DOTT cd and ssh'd on my iPhone,.

Hmm when did you last update? You tried it in the latest version? (Had some related fixes there).
Delphiki

Post by Delphiki »

Vinterstum wrote:
Delphiki wrote:first of all ; thanks for this awesome app:)

Hmm when did you last update? You tried it in the latest version? (Had some related fixes there).
i have the 2.0 version, but it works now,.. after i had rebooted my iPhone (and made a save dir)esc worked

not sure if its related
kainenable

Post by kainenable »

Hey, you should modify your instructions for setting up the source for cydia. If you set it to http://urbanfanatics.com it will not find anything and fail. You must set url to http://urbanfanatics.com/cydia/ and it works then.

I am running 2.1 firmware on my iphone so i dont know if that has anything to do with it.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

kainenable wrote:Hey, you should modify your instructions for setting up the source for cydia. If you set it to http://urbanfanatics.com it will not find anything and fail. You must set url to http://urbanfanatics.com/cydia/ and it works then.

I am running 2.1 firmware on my iphone so i dont know if that has anything to do with it.
The instructions actually mean to find the urbanfanatics.com source package in Cydia, not to enter the URL directly. Do you mean the instructions in the wiki? They seem pretty clear about this :).
kainenable

Post by kainenable »

Vinterstum wrote:
kainenable wrote:Hey, you should modify your instructions for setting up the source for cydia. If you set it to http://urbanfanatics.com it will not find anything and fail. You must set url to http://urbanfanatics.com/cydia/ and it works then.

The instructions actually mean to find the urbanfanatics.com source package in Cydia, not to enter the URL directly. Do you mean the instructions in the wiki? They seem pretty clear about this :).
Ahh, I read the wiki but there was no source section in cydia. So i entered the source manually. I just looked around in cydia but it actually is in the repositories section. That is what threw me. You may want to change the instructions. Not sure if this is something they updated in cydia.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

kainenable wrote: Not sure if this is something they updated in cydia.
It is, indeed. Thanks :).
jwherner

Manually install latest beta build....how??

Post by jwherner »

Did all of this:
To download this version:

* Add the Urbanfanatics.com source (listed under "More Sources") in Cydia. ScummVM should then appear in the list.

* Alternatively download http://urbanfanatics.com/cydia/scummvm- ... 0-pre4.deb directly, upload it to the phone, and install it with 'dpkg -i (don't know what this means!)'

here is my question...I used Cydia and I have ScummVM on my Ipod Touch BUT it appears to only install version 0.12.0 using Cydia. I downloaded 0.12.0 pre5.deb directly from urbanfanatics.com as recommended in first post. I am using WINSCP and can get into my dir structure. WHERE do I put ver 0.12.0 pre5.deb (what folder?) to manually upload this version into my Ipod and then where do I go in Cydia to be able to install it using the "dpkg -i" you were talking about?? please help as I want the most up to date version on my Ipod Touch. Could you please tell me exactly where to put the new version using WINSCP, and where to go into Cydia to type in that line code to install it? If downloading directly through Cydia installs the latest "pre5" version, please let me know that as well just to ease my mind as like I said, it only states Version 0.12.0 in the Details section...Thanks!
leeho730

Post by leeho730 »

I have bought iPhone 3G 2.1 16GB version today, jailbroke it, chose Cydia, urbanfanatic source for installation, then ran it.

COMI works perfect! I am using combined touchscreen mode and click-n-drag mode and they work wonders :D

Thanks!
jwherner

latest version install??

Post by jwherner »

Leeho730, I am the post right above you...when you just installed using Cydia and urbanfanatics source, did it install the latest version of SCUMMVM for you (pre65)? Can anyone tell me if just installing through Cydia automatically installs the latest build of SCUMMVM?

Thanks again!
leeho730

Re: latest version install??

Post by leeho730 »

jwherner wrote:Leeho730, I am the post right above you...when you just installed using Cydia and urbanfanatics source, did it install the latest version of SCUMMVM for you (pre65)? Can anyone tell me if just installing through Cydia automatically installs the latest build of SCUMMVM?

Thanks again!
I suppose so. Touchpad mode workds which means that the version should be at least pre3, 2.0 firmware compatible.

Actually, Vinterstum released pre5 version which supposedly fixes caps lock and backspace functions.

What I can tell is that as far as typing during save/load is concerned, caps lock is off by default and backspace works, which means it could be LATEST pre5 version.

Hope this helps :wink:
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

The version you get through Cydia should be 0.12, hopefully :).