need your help with one game that scumm wont find it in fold

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Inferno

need your help with one game that scumm wont find it in fold

Post by Inferno »

hello people, i love old school lucas pc games.. my scumm works good and i'm able to play indiana jones and the fate of atlantis, monkey island, and monkey island.. i use scumm because i lost my manual books and code keys.. i also lost star wars x-wing manual book but still have floppy disks.. i installed x-wing then i opened scumm client and did add games, when it opens the add games box to pick which folder, i picked x-wing folder and said it couldn't find game in it.. why? indiana jones and the fate of atlantis and all lucas games works on scumm except star wars x-wing
chrisis

Post by chrisis »

It doesn't work because X-Wing isn't a supported game. And it never will be. Because it's neither "Point and Click" nor any of the supported engines. You see, ScummVM is NOT an emulator but rather a reimplementation of different adventure-engines, done mostly by reverse-engeneering.
You might try to take a look at Dosbox http://www.dosbox.com for your cause, though I doubt, it will help you with your lost documentation.
But maybe you could also read the included readme (or even poke around at the ScummVM website. After all, you managed to post in the forums...) to get to know all the that knowledge. You know, it's not THAT hard...