Broken Sword 2 Cutscenes

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

GUYBRUSH666

Broken Sword 2 Cutscenes

Post by GUYBRUSH666 »

I've tried everything (a bold statement considering I've certainly missed SOMETHING!) and I can't get the custscenes to work :( I've downloaded them from the SCUMM Site in compressed and uncompressed formats..

Where do I put them and what am I doing wrong!!?!?! :shock:

I'm using the latest release by the way.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I've got BS1 sorted but not tried BS2 yet.
I see your a first time poster. I don't know how much experience you have with ScummVM.
First off you can check on the wiki if you have all the files.
Next make sure "sword2" or whatever you have called the BS2 game data folder is not in the ScummVM folder. It can go anywhere on the SD card except "apps/scummvm".
With BS1 I've stuck every file into one (sword1) folder.
I'm using the .dxas and .flacs from the downloads section. I've made one empty folder in my sword1 folder called "saves."
On the ScummVM menu with BS2 highlighted go to options and set your "paths". For "saves" select the saves folder which I just described.
For the other 2 paths ("media" and "theme") I just selected sword1 for my BS1 game. That's because of what I mentioned earlier when I said I stuck every file into one folder. If you don't do that with BS2 you'll have to play around with the paths and the 3 folders that are in a regular sword2 folder. I can't exactly remember what folders these 2 paths expect though. Just experiment.
Hope you find something useful out of all that.
superfighter

Post by superfighter »

you put every broken sword 2 file you need in to one folder,
dont use any subdirectorys or anything eg, music/video
just dump them all in to one folder