Problem with installation

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Marlock

Problem with installation

Post by Marlock »

Hi all!

I have iPhone 2g, 8GB, firmware 2.1. PC.

No on-line, therefore, no cydia or installer.

I've tried to follow instructions posted on the Forum, but managed to mess thing up. In need of help!!

Downloaded ScummVm.app directory. Copied it to /Applications, using Total Commander, and then rebooted. Did not do chmd 775, because I could not figure out what that was (total noob:) ).
And then - nothing.

When I access iPhone with TC, i see Applications directory in the main root no more, just a file Applications without any extension, when I try to open it, it just signals error.

The phone is working normally, but no ScummVm application is installed.

Now, I can't install OpenSSH cause I don't have wi fi, installed pTerm, but could not figure out what to do with it. Tried Putty and WinSC (or whatever the name is), in order to try that CHMD 775, but got not establish connection (and even if I did, I probably would not know what to do then).

Can I do this chmd 775 in TC? Also, somebody mentioned dkpg -i; is this a MAC app, or can it be used on PC to install ScummVm.

To cut the long story short, I am totally totally lost, all help is appreciated.

I will be observing the thread, but you can also write me to marlockenator @gmail.com

Hope to hear from you as I am quite desperate:)

Marlock.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

The easiest would probably be to find an open wifi somewhere and install ScummVM through Cydia then.

I'm guessing you uploaded the app through iPhoneBrowser? That will probably not set the executable flag on the actual executable, which is what the chmod step is for (it's a command you'd execute on the phone itself using SSH). You can probably do the same using most SFTP clients, but that requires OpenSSH on the phone as well.

In short: without being able to install through Cydia, or having OpenSSH on the phone, there isn't much you can do.