Sam and Max

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

anthony001

Sam and Max

Post by anthony001 »

sorry if this isnt the place to ask but i just have one question how do you get past the door of the rich kid(the one with a tall hair)

whenever i visit his house and enter the door scummvm just shuts down. help
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Sam and Max

Post by eriktorbjorn »

anthony001 wrote:sorry if this isnt the place to ask but i just have one question how do you get past the door of the rich kid(the one with a tall hair)

whenever i visit his house and enter the door scummvm just shuts down. help
I can't reproduce that with the English CD version of the game and the current development version of ScummVM on my Linux box. Non-English versions and floppy versions of the game probably haven't been tested nearly as much, and some ports of ScummVM have their own sets of unique bugs, of course.

Surprisingly often, the answer to mysterious crashes that no one else can reproduce is to re-copy the data files from the original CD or floppies. Of course, I have no way of knowing if that's the answer in this case as well.
anthony001

Post by anthony001 »

does changing the platform has any effect on scummvm?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

anthony001 wrote:does changing the platform has any effect on scummvm?
You mean the platform setting for the game? It tells ScummVM which version of the game it is. It can affect things. For instance, I believe the Amiga versions of some LucasArts games store graphics in a different format. Generally, you shouldn't touch that setting unless you're sure of what you're doing.
anthony001

Post by anthony001 »

really, i changed the platform beforehand and now i cant remember which one it was.
help
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

anthony001 wrote:really, i changed the platform beforehand and now i cant remember which one it was.
help
Remove the game information and add it again. ScummVM will detect it automatically