getting hold of game files

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

leeston

getting hold of game files

Post by leeston »

does anyone know the best place for getting my hands on the files needed for scummvm? is it possible to use the original game disc or do i need to download them from somewhere. also thank you to the people kind enough to actually read my posts and return a decent reply
clem

Re: getting hold of game files

Post by clem »

leeston wrote:does anyone know the best place for getting my hands on the files needed for scummvm? is it possible to use the original game disc or do i need to download them from somewhere. also thank you to the people kind enough to actually read my posts and return a decent reply
For most games you will need the original discs. Consider http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Where_to_buy_games

Also a few games are freely downloadable from ScummVM's download page.
leeston

Post by leeston »

clem wrote:
leeston wrote:does anyone know the best place for getting my hands on the files needed for scummvm? is it possible to use the original game disc or do i need to download them from somewhere. also thank you to the people kind enough to actually read my posts and return a decent reply
For most games you will need the original discs. Consider http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Where_to_buy_games

Also a few games are freely downloadable from ScummVM's download page.
does that apply to mac osx?
clem

Post by clem »

leeston wrote: does that apply to mac osx?
Yes. You can play game datafiles originally meant for DOS on MacOSX, in some (most?) instances, Mac datafiles of supported games will also work in ScummVM and therefore on all supported platforms.