Which games would you like to be supported on the future?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

CharlyDic

Which games would you like to be supported on the future?

Post by CharlyDic »

I'm just asking, which games would you like to be supported on futures ScummVM versions?

Mines are:

-The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Serrated Scalpel (one of the best adventure games ever!)
-Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers (CLASSIC!)
-Toonstruck
-Star Trek: 25th Anniversary (perhaps, not the classic point&click style, but I keep it on a special place :oops: )
-Discworld (soon....)
clem

Re: Which games would you like to be supported on the future?

Post by clem »

All games in the whole wide world, past, present and future!
Ace2020Boyd

Post by Ace2020Boyd »

Alot of other adventure games

like maybe:
Syberia (even though it is playable on xp)
Clue Chronicles - Fatal Illusion
ToonStruck i really want

Non adventure games
Outlaws i dont think that will ever happen in scummvm
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

I agree with Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers. It's my favorite adventure game that isn't supported at the moment.

I would also like to see Discworld Noir supported, but that's outside of the scope of ScummVM. Maybe for Residual when it gets a lot more mature?

I would also love to see a reverse-engineered fan executable for the first two X-COM games; X-COM: UFO Defense & X-COM: Terror from the Deep. But again, that's outside the scope of ScummVM and a new project would be needed for that.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Freddo wrote:I agree with Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers. It's my favorite adventure game that isn't supported at the moment.
I thought Gabriel Knight was a SCI game, thus you'll have to wait for FreeSCI to support it.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

I want Civilization I-IV and Colonization support. Also, I really like pinball games, so some of those should be supported. And a good breakout. Oh, what about Diablo 3 and StarCraft? Both have 2D graphics and I think at least SC uses Smacker videos.

And I think it would be helpful to add a texteditor plugin, so I can take notes while playing.
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

LordHoto wrote:
Freddo wrote:I agree with Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers. It's my favorite adventure game that isn't supported at the moment.
I thought Gabriel Knight was a SCI game, thus you'll have to wait for FreeSCI to support it.
That's certainly true. But it's also an adventure game so it fits into the ScummVM "guidelines" reasonably well, SCI or not. Not particulary likely to happen though, but wishes and reality are rarely hand in hand.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

fingolfin wrote:And I think it would be helpful to add a texteditor plugin, so I can take notes while playing.
Nooo. It's too oldskool. Voice recognition of my comments would be much better. Also I will need a special button which will push my gameplay directly to youtube. Please, do that, I think it's a good thing.

Eugene
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

sev wrote: Nooo. It's too oldskool. Voice recognition of my comments would be much better. Also I will need a special button which will push my gameplay directly to youtube. Please, do that, I think it's a good thing.

Eugene
Of course man, I could easily do that in like one month man,
I just cant be bothered :p
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

fingolfin wrote:I want Civilization I-IV and Colonization support. Also, I really like pinball games, so some of those should be supported. And a good breakout. Oh, what about Diablo 3 and StarCraft? Both have 2D graphics and I think at least SC uses Smacker videos.

And I think it would be helpful to add a texteditor plugin, so I can take notes while playing.
I think I'm detecting trace evidence of irony here. But if you want to avoid "wouldn't it be nice if ScummVM supported..." threads, then the link to the Junkyard forum probably shouldn't say "If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE". :)

Of course, most such threads will be nothing but idle speculation and wishful thinking, but as long as everyone understands that I don't mind. I have my own wish list, so I can certainly sympathize. And I might get a tip or two about nice adventure game that are worth checking out.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

on top of that I'd love to see TeenAgent supported.

now where did I put my glasses???
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Freddo wrote:That's certainly true. But it's also an adventure game so it fits into the ScummVM "guidelines" reasonably well, SCI or not. Not particulary likely to happen though, but wishes and reality are rarely hand in hand.
And ScummVM 'guidelines' say no SCI games in ScummVM! :-) At least not without any FreeSCI cooperation, like with FreeSCI as an *optional* plugin for ScummVM.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

sev wrote:
fingolfin wrote:And I think it would be helpful to add a texteditor plugin, so I can take notes while playing.
Nooo. It's too oldskool. Voice recognition of my comments would be much better. Also I will need a special button which will push my gameplay directly to youtube. Please, do that, I think it's a good thing.
I was waiting for DosBox to start up in ScummVM!
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
fingolfin wrote:I want Civilization I-IV and Colonization support. Also, I really like pinball games, so some of those should be supported. And a good breakout. Oh, what about Diablo 3 and StarCraft? Both have 2D graphics and I think at least SC uses Smacker videos.

I think I'm detecting trace evidence of irony here. But if you want to avoid "wouldn't it be nice if ScummVM supported..." threads, then the link to the Junkyard forum probably shouldn't say "If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE". :)

Of course, most such threads will be nothing but idle speculation and wishful thinking, but as long as everyone understands that I don't mind. I have my own wish list, so I can certainly sympathize. And I might get a tip or two about nice adventure game that are worth checking out.
Oh, I certainly agree with you Torbjörn, and I don't mind (I didn't complain, did I) -- I just can't resist a joke when I see an opportunity, even if it's a bad joke *g*
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

There are so many. I'd like to see:

Shadow of the Comet
Prisoner of Ice
Star Trek 25th Anniversary
Star Trek Judgment Rites
Star Trek A Final Unity
Return to Zork
Inca 1 & 2
Dragonsphere
Return of the Phantom
Rex Nebular

Most of those will probably never happen though, I imagine.

Oh! How about some Dynamix adventures? (Rise of the Dragon, Heart of China, Willy Beamish)