Compiling on Vista?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Lostech

Compiling on Vista?

Post by Lostech »

This might be a little offtopic but is someone compiling ScummVM for WinCE with a Vista machine? Does this work?
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

Yes, I can compile it whith mingw/msys under vista
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

Did you set up something special?
On my Vista machine MSYS/MinGW I can compile the PC version but not the WinCE version with cegcc. Seems for me that the cegcc toolchain does not work proper. On the other hand the same installation on a XP machine does work.
Annoying stuff like UAC and DEP are already deactivated and full user access to the folder is available.
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

Yes, the windres command is broken if you use MSYS. So I create the initial PocketScumm.o whith cygwin and then modify the makefile to use the PocketScumm.o instead of generating it.

If there are new icons, you will have to recreate it though.
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

OK, I will try using the existing PocketScumm.o from my XP machine.
THX for the hint.
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

Take care, that you need the first PocketScumm.o the resulting for the windres command (take a look to the makefile)
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

Hmm, at a closer look it seems that I have already directly after the make start the break:
../../../Makefile.common:110: no file name for `-include'
mkdir -p ./.deps
arm-wince-mingw32ce-g++ -Wp,-MMD,"./.deps/CEActionsPocket.d2" -O3 -march=armv4 -mtune=xscale -D_WIN32_WCE=300 -D__ARM__ -D_ARM_ -DUNICODE -DSCUMM_NEED_ALIGNMENT -DFPM_DEFAULT -DNONSTANDARD_PORT -DWIN32 -Dcdecl= -D__cdecl__= -Wno-multichar -DUSE_ZLIB -DUSE_MAD -DUSE_MPEG2 -DUSE_TREMOR -DUSE_VORBIS -DUSE_FLAC -DUSE_ARM_SMUSH_ASM -DUSE_ARM_GFX_ASM -DUSE_ARM_COSTUME_ASM -DENABLE_SCUMM=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_SCUMM_7_8 -DENABLE_HE -DENABLE_AGI=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_AGOS=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_CINE=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_GOB=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_KYRA=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_LURE=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_PARALLACTION=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_QUEEN=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_SAGA=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_SKY=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_SWORD1=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_SWORD2=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_TOUCHE=STATIC_PLUGIN -I../../.. -I. -I../../../engines -Imissing/gcc -Ilibs/include -Ilibs/include/sdl -ICEgui -ICEkeys -c CEActionsPocket.cpp -o CEActionsPocket.o
make: *** [CEActionsPocket.o] Error 1
I will have to investigate this. :? Damn Vista...
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

Re-Installing everything (MSYS/MINGW/cegcc) as Admin and now it works for WinCE ARM static and plugin version so I can give everyone the advise to reinstall with admin rights and to set up folder rights for the normal user for all MSYS/MINGW folders if someone has the same problems.
But now the normal Windows version can only compiled as static because as plugin version something with fluidsynth fails. Damn Vista...
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

FYI, You need fluidsynth 1.0.0 to compile. It doesn't compile against newer versions
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

THX for the hint but I did know this already since I had already that problem some months ago using the wrong version ;)
Actually I do have a different problem. I can compile with the fluidsynth feature as a static and also as a plugin version under XP. It´s also not a problem to compile a static version under Vista. But a plugin compile fails everytime under Vista and I still have not a clue why that´s not working. Damn Vista...
But at least I´m already glad that I can compile now most versions also on my Vista machine. :)
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

Also this is the WinCE section it might be interesting for those who have the same compiling problems for the regular Windows version as I had:

If someone tries to build a regular Windows plugin version with Fluidsysnth support MinGW must have "Current Release" of binutils-2.17.50 and NOT a newer version!
If using a newer version compiling will break!

Perhaps someone should mention this in the Wiki.
nopl

Post by nopl »

Can you post compiled version last build Scummvm for WinCE?
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

I could, but actually there is a problem with the SVN trunk version which makes ScummVM unuseable (see Bugtracker entry).
But Knakos is already working on this.

On the other hand you could use on of the SVN versions I posted some days ago in the Discworld Topic:
http://rapidshare.com/files/133786790/S ... 1.ZIP.html (Static Build)
http://rapidshare.com/files/133536668/S ... 0.ZIP.html (Plugin Build)
Those versions should still work.
nopl

Post by nopl »

Thanks for links, I dont search in all topics.