Problems running scummvm on my PS2

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PlayStation 2 port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Tenar

Problems running scummvm on my PS2

Post by Tenar »

Hello to everyone, after reading all your tutorials and forum messages I decided yesterday to give a try to scummvm on the PS2, since I've been using your program for ages on the pc and wanted to give it a try to play it on my modded ps2 to have some fun with those wonderful games we all love.
I had some problems after trying to burn the cd several times, I used your makecd program and burnt it as said in the guides and the txt, but when I boot it on the pstwo (I have a silver slim one modded) I just get the booting psx classic screen where the logo should be but without the psx logo. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, since I've already wasted 6 cds? Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks a lot, and even more for this program... I'd die without being able to play Mr Threepwood's and company adventures due our not so friendly and constantly morphing Mr Windows. :wink:
Tenar

Made it work :)

Post by Tenar »

Hi again, managed to make the VM work on my ps2!!! I can't believe how good it looks and works. I just played a little bit with Nero and also changed my pstwo booting instructions and now it runs smoothly. It gives me an error when loading but nothing important since I tested Monkey Island 1 and 2 as well as Sam and Max and games work perfect, even the save games work great.
Thanks for making this project possible... and now let's play!! :P