The Legend of Kyrandia 2: Hands of Fate - PT-BR Images

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Ondinha

The Legend of Kyrandia 2: Hands of Fate - PT-BR Images

Post by Ondinha »

After a little development maraton, I finally finish a tool capable to:

1. Unpack and Repack the PAK Files.
2. Extract and Insert Text data from the DLG Files.

You can see the imagens here: Kyra 2- PT-BR

The tool'll be used to make a unofficial translation to Brazilian-Portuguese(Pt-Br) by ScummBR Translations

If anyone need any help to make a translation to other language, contact me.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: The Legend of Kyrandia 2: Hands of Fate - PT-BR Images

Post by LordHoto »

Ondinha wrote:After a little development maraton, I finally finish a tool capable to:

1. Unpack and Repack the PAK Files.
2. Extract and Insert Text data from the DLG Files.

You can see the imagens here: Kyra 2- PT-BR

The tool'll be used to make a unofficial translation to Brazilian-Portuguese(Pt-Br) by ScummBR Translations
We have code to unpack and repack PAK files in our tools package btw. It's for example used in our audio files recompression tools and in our kyra.dat creation tool.

Actually it will not be that easy (at least for ScummVM) to support those fan translations of Kyrandia games, since they use some hardcoded strings from the original executables which are extracted intro kyra.dat. Thus it would need someone to get all offsets tables for those from a fan translated executable. We support Italian fan translations currently, since the *author* of those helped us to support them.

It's a cool project never the less :-)
Ondinha

Post by Ondinha »

Yes, I know about the ScummVM toolpack, but I decided to code everything from scratch in order to undertand all egineering of the files.

I don't know very much about the ScummVM, I work, as a hobby, with ROMHacking, the guys from ScummBR contact and send me the Kyrandia 2 Original CD-ROM.

I verified the files, starting with a tool called WestPak2 (and the dekyra), after that I decode, from scratch, everything with the aid of a hexadecimal editor.

First I write the Unpacker/Repacker, after that I write the Dumper/Inserter of the DL files, the references for strings are really modified acting as a new version of a DL file.

I've the full reference for DL files and I'm a man of Freeware, if anyone wants my "WoP"(workaround programming) code, just say.

Sorry for my bad english... and thanks for attention. :)