Several Issues

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MacGyver

Several Issues

Post by MacGyver »

I'm running Monkey Island on scummvm, firmware 2.0.

1) No sound?
2) The cursor "lags" horribly (inaccurate), I keep on selecting the wrong text lines :/
3) When tilting the phone to horizontal mode, the keyboard pops up and the screen is then black.

Meh, it is "pre release", so I guess there's no point in complaining yet - and I'm not, just pointing out a few issues that I hope will be fixed soon :)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

As for the first issue (no sound): if you have the CD version of MI1, you need to rip its CD-audio tracks to MP3/OGG/FLAC, named as "track01.mp3", "track02.mp3" and so on, and to place them in the game's folder. Search the forums for more info

Not sure about the second issue (cursor lag), have you chosen the correct input mode? Check the WIKI for more info:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/IPhone

The third issue (flipping to horizontal mode) is a known issue, as you can see in the known issues:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=6014
Kronos

Post by Kronos »

Issue 3 is fixed in the latest build.

I'm having a different problem. Does keyboard input work in the latest build. When I click "quit" in Simon The Sorcerer it ask for a Y/N confirmation. But pressing Y or N on the keyboard has no effect.

Sorry if I'm being a n00b or something. Running 2.0 with the latest release through Cydia.
PlayingKarrde

Post by PlayingKarrde »

The keyboard definitely works, but I ran into this problem with Simon also. I suggest just holding the home button for 10 seconds when you want to quit for now.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

I'm guessing Simon expects lowercase Y and not uppercase (See the known issues list in the other thread) :).
Kronos

Post by Kronos »

Aha. Cheers for the help and advice guys. (great port, by the way!)