Monkey Island Madness CD Audio

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Collector

Monkey Island Madness CD Audio

Post by Collector »

I would like to rip the audio from my Monkey Island Madness CD to my HDD and compress it to OGG, but it seems to be 24 separate tracks. Is there a way to tell which track go with which game? Do I have to compress each track separately, or is there a way to combine them into one file for each game. Has anyone done this for this CD?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Monkey Island Madness CD Audio

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Collector wrote:I would like to rip the audio from my Monkey Island Madness CD to my HDD and compress it to OGG, but it seems to be 24 separate tracks. Is there a way to tell which track go with which game? Do I have to compress each track separately, or is there a way to combine them into one file for each game. Has anyone done this for this CD?
The audio tracks all belong to Monkey Island 1. Monkey Island 2 uses a much more advanced music system -- this is a good thing -- which restricts it to MIDI or Adlib. (The original PC version also supported the PC Speaker, but ScummVM can't play that music at this time.)

There is no way to combine the tracks into one file. ScummVM expects the first track to be named track1.ogg, the second track2.ogg, etc.