Wrong Date Recorded

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Tim20

Wrong Date Recorded

Post by Tim20 »

Hi

Whilst i was on holiday last week, i played some adventure games on my psp via ScummVM and encountered a little glitch. To my knowledge it only seems to happen with the SCUMM games. I played MI 1 and tested MI 2 and DOTT and had the same problem.
When i come to reload my saves, the time i saved is correct and i presume the total playing time is too, but the date's completely wrong. My psp has the correct date set but my saves say: 01.01.1970 every time. :?
I was going to report this as a bug. Means it seems like it's all the SCUMM games and not one specific game, i wasn't sure. Plus, somebody else might've reported the same thing once.

Oh, and another thing: whenever i switched my psp off, whilst an adventure game was still running, i'd turn it back on and as soon as i tried to perform an action of some kind (eg: tried to talk to a character or move to the next screen), the console would come up with an error message (some sort of script error by the looks of it, which had different digits depending on where i was) and i had no choice but to hit the L button, which reset the psp.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Wrong Date Recorded

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Tim20 wrote: When i come to reload my saves, the time i saved is correct and i presume the total playing time is too, but the date's completely wrong. My psp has the correct date set but my saves say: 01.01.1970 every time. :?
Judging by the commit logs, the function to return the current date and time wasn't implemented in the PSP backend until after 0.11.x was released, so it's probably not in the version you have.

(The function is supposed to return the number of seconds since January 1 1970.)