The Dig

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Dreamcast port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DCDayDreamer

The Dig

Post by DCDayDreamer »

ScummVM 0.11.1 release, standalone Dreamcast CD with game data files (DIGMUSIC.BUN and DIGVOICE.BUN with MP3 compression).

The game can be completed, this is the first time I've managed to do it with any ScummVM Dreamcast release. There is the usual sound/voice stutter (mainly when the autosave kicks in), but this is probably inevitable due to the seeking and streaming of the data from the CD.

Random crashes:
There's no other way to describe this bug other than 'random'. The full version of the game has been play tested for approximately 20 hours, in all that time, a total of 8 crashes occurred at various points in the game. After each crash, the game was replayed from the last autosave point prior to the crash - the bug could not be reproduced at the same point in the game. The 'random crash' problem is probably due to the limited RAM that the Dreamcast has, thankfully, the 'Autosave' function (although a pain at times) prevented having to play through vast amounts of the game over and over after the crashes.

My thanks to everyone involved with ScummVM and my thanks to the Dreamcast maintainers.