I'm having problems with overwriting saves on this version

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

akuma634

I'm having problems with overwriting saves on this version

Post by akuma634 »

I got the latest version of scummVM for the Wii last night. It works great but the only problem I'm having is that when I save a game now it goes normal but if I overwrite it, it says the save was successful and all but when I go to my saved games it just shows the old save. If I reload it then it just takes me to the old save. Also I've had an issue with making new save slots where half the time it'll be labeled as "invalid save." I never had this problem with any of the older versions of scummVM.
ICEknight

Post by ICEknight »

I've had those problems with the previous version, are you sure you're using the latest one?
akuma634

Post by akuma634 »

Yeah, I'm using ScummVM Wii Rev 32565. The last unofficial version didn't have the overwriting issue for me, but it did randomly crash on a few saves. But for some reason the latest version is acting weird for me.
smallhorse

Post by smallhorse »

Just wanted to confirm this issue.

I have the same "problem" when playing Monkey Island 1. Overwriting a savegame and then looking at the save-list again shows the old save-state.

However I noticed that after restarting ScummVM it seems that the previous save overwrites DID worked correctly after all and that just the old images stayed somehow...

Is there some cache or something?
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

hi,

please try rev 33083 i just posted (check the sticky thread).