Plz help this newb =/

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mitsurugi

Plz help this newb =/

Post by Mitsurugi »

I've only recently been playing around with the Wii Homebrew channel, i've got Quake working, but i can't seem to find information on how to add ScummVM, I have tried to search the net but they all think you know how =/
I've looked at the wikipage and downloaded the file, but i can't really do anything with it, just sais its a file (no specification). Do i need to rename that file to boot.elf?
Also how do i add the games i own, just copy everything from the file after installation? or do i have to change somthing?

I'm sorry to bring such a newb (as in newperson wanna learn, not noob :P) question, I just wanna play Full Trotle on the wii :)
Mitsurugi

Post by Mitsurugi »

I've figured out how t ouse the the download with help of this topic:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=5850
(Didn't understand much of it when I read it at first, reread it after making this topic :oops: )

But i still wonder about adding the games you own, if some1 would be so kind to help, it would be much appreciated.
clem

Post by clem »

Does ScummVM start? If yes, the way to add games is probably the same as for the PC version of ScummVM: http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0200586/ ... index.html
Mitsurugi

Post by Mitsurugi »

Yes ScummVM starts.
I've followed the tutorial clem, but it sais can't find game in specified map. (This is with 1 of my own games, and the Broken Sword 1 version found on this site) =/
So either i'm doing somthing wrong (mostlikely), or the wii doesn't like me.

Steel Sky and Queen of the amazon do work tho :S.
clem

Post by clem »

Mitsurugi wrote:Yes ScummVM starts.
I've followed the tutorial clem, but it sais can't find game in specified map. (This is with 1 of my own games, and the Broken Sword 1 version found on this site) =/
So either i'm doing somthing wrong (mostlikely), or the wii doesn't like me.

Steel Sky and Queen of the amazon do work tho :S.
There is no (full) Broken Sword version on this site.
Is that other game you own supported by ScummVM? See here which files ScummVM expects so a game can be added.
Mitsurugi

Post by Mitsurugi »

The other game is Full Throttle, should prob have mentiond that earlyer, but it is supported.
I'll check if I have all those files for it.
- When i instal i get like 5 files, 30-ish files are needed for Scumm... :S
The install works just fine on the pc, how do i get all those 30 files out of it? :S

Downloaded Broken Sword 1 Cutscene Pack (English, DXA compression), tought it was a demo or somthing, just to try it out, have Broken Sword 1 + 2 myself.
Last edited by Mitsurugi on Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clem

Post by clem »

The .DXA files are just videos, see FAQ 5.11.

No idea about full throttle.
azeazezar

Post by azeazezar »

I don't own the game so i'm only guessing here:

Full Throttle:
Maybe the files you need are on the CD?

Broken Sword 1 Cutscene Pack: Required in adition to the game, becouse the original game video's are incompatible with scummVM.