Gobliiins CD audio out of sync + other issues

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ICEknight

Gobliiins CD audio out of sync + other issues

Post by ICEknight »

I've just tried Gobliiins 1 CD and the audio track seem to be playing a couple of seconds later than it should, causing synchronization problems in the intro (I'm using a FLAC rip that works perfectly in the PC version).

I don't know if this could be caused by the Wii port automatically adding a pre-gap to each track or if it's just an issue when decoding the FLAC files, but it might happen in other CD-based games like Loom (which I still wasn't able to try).

Another issue about the audio is that it's reversed, and it seems to happen with other (non-CD) games as well.

By the way, the wrong aspect ratio is quite noticeable in this game, just by looking at the circle at the top-right part of the intro.
ICEknight

Post by ICEknight »

Okay, so I've converted said track to OGG and it seems to play more synchronized, yet it's still a bit late.

So this indeed must have to do with the decoders.
zweifuss

Post by zweifuss »

In Gobliiins for both PC CD and disk versions, I can't do anything even in the first round... punching the door or the post yields no results. Did you get this issue too?
ICEknight

Post by ICEknight »

Yeah, I can't interact with those, either.

I was wondering if I was doing anything wrong.
satchmoz

Post by satchmoz »

I don't know if this is related. But im getting a severe sound lag in the CD audio version of Loom. Cursor will actually lock up for ~ 5-10 seconds before a conversation starts and it will be horribly de-synced with action on screen. Cursor unlocks afterwards.

Audio is a MP3 Stero 44100 Hz at 128 kbps.