The current state of ScummVM-psp and the latest CFW?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MdaG

The current state of ScummVM-psp and the latest CFW?

Post by MdaG »

Hi!

I've tried to find a stickied FAQ around here, but I only found one about eLoaders and this Wiki which seems to be out of date.

I'm wondering if there's any documentation about how ScummVM performs on the latest custom firwares (e.g. 3.71 M33-X or 3.90 M33-X), if there's a need to emulate the 1.5 kernel, if the size of the memory stick matters etc. ?

I'm assuming the install (the README.PSP just says "Install ScummVM like any other homebrew" or similar) procedure means placing the eboot.pbp in the GAME/SCUMMVM folder and the game data files anywhere I feel fit?

*edit*
Also, what's the difference between the 1.50-eboot and single-eboot folder in the 0.11.1 PSP download?
jak66

Re: The current state of ScummVM-psp and the latest CFW?

Post by jak66 »

MdaG wrote: I'm wondering if there's any documentation about how ScummVM performs on the latest custom firwares (e.g. 3.71 M33-X or 3.90 M33-X), if there's a need to emulate the 1.5 kernel, if the size of the memory stick matters etc. ?

I'm assuming the install (the README.PSP just says "Install ScummVM like any other homebrew" or similar) procedure means placing the eboot.pbp in the GAME/SCUMMVM folder and the game data files anywhere I feel fit?
The reason it hasn't been updated is because I gave up updateing the thread on the forum. Installation is the same as with previous cfws however. You are correct, place the eboot (and also modern.zip and modern.ini if you want the modern skin in a folder (in your example scummvm) inside any one of the game folders, it doesnt matter. I havent used scummvm psp in a long while, but, I think that it should all work the same despite the kernal, with two slight (Sony) problems, which are;

1.5 kernal - limited to 4 GB (you can use 8GB sticks AFAIK, but data has to be in first 4GB i think). DA released a patch for this however so you can use 8GB+ memory sticks on 1.5 kernal, cant remember where to find it though.
3.8+ kernal - Sony optimised the memory stick driver which cause unofficial/unsupported memory sticks to read (maybe write as well) slower than on 3.7- firmware. DA released a patch to load the 3.7 modules on 3.8/3.9.
*edit*
Also, what's the difference between the 1.50-eboot and single-eboot folder in the 0.11.1 PSP download?
Single eboot is as stated, 1 eboot. 1.5 eboot is kxploited (2 eboots) 1.5 eboot can only be used on 1.50 kernal. Single eboot can be used on either kernal on cfws, so may as well use single eboot.
MdaG

Post by MdaG »

Thanks, got the old jewels running now on 3.71 M33-4 without any trouble at all. :D